A player who really captures the excitement, flair, skill and beauty of the game that the Brazilian team brings, the 35-year-old picked up the injury with Paris Saint-Germain at the weekend in the French Cup final against Les Herbiers.
"Following this line of work together, the patient underwent a detailed examination and confirmed the initial diagnosis of an anterior cruciate ligament injury, which required surgical treatment".
Meanwhile, Neymar will be available for the world cup with the PSG forward already working on his recovery after dealing with a broken foot.
"It was noted it is impossible to call Dani Alves for the period of preparation, friendlies and, consequently, the World Cup", the CBF said. There's no doubt that whoever they pick, that player won't be able to star on both ends of the field like the PSG man does.
With his side's victory over the lower league side this week, the Brazilian has increased his title haul to 37 in his career.
Brazil will announce its squad on Monday in Rio de Janeiro.
SAO PAULO (AP) - Brazil right back Dani Alves will miss the World Cup, leaving the five-time champions without one of their main leaders.
The former Barcelona and Juventus defender has won 106 caps and played in the 2010 and 2014 World Cups.
BC-SOC-Brazil-Alves, 1st Ld-Writethru, 258 Brazil right back Alves out of World Cup after knee injuryAP Photo REB185Eds: Adds quotes, context, bylineBrazil right back Dani Alves will miss the World Cup.
- Al menos 6 heridos dejan dos explosiones en Kabul
- Trump anuncia captura de cinco líderes del Estado Islámico
- Venezuela rechaza salida de EEUU de acuerdo nuclear con Irán
- PlayStation le pone fecha y hora a su conferencia de E3 2018
- Concluye reunión de la Cepal
- Ejército colombiano captura a líder de grupo disidente de las FARC
- Asesinan a otro candidato de Morena; buscaba alcaldía de Apaseo el Alto
- Patente gratis para conductores sobrios — Insólito sorteo
- Fernando Gago volverá a ser titular en Boca ante Huracán
- Pizarro y Soteldo entrenan normal y llegarán al clásico