Scientists have a seismometer installed close to the Camp Nou stadium and it picks up the telltale vibrations every time the crowd celebrates a goal.
What made I Giallorossi's victory even more notable was the fact that the Blaugrana, famed for their 'tiki-taka', were forced into playing a direct style of football, as the desperation to break down the Serie A side became evident as the game progressed in the second-half.
Being Barcelona's all-time top scorer and arguably the greatest player of all time is also pretty sweet - the kind of reputation that might explain why the UN have aligned themselves with the diminutive destroyer to anoint him their "responsible tourism ambassador".
Barca's setback could provide an opportunity for Valencia, who climbed above champions Real Madrid into third last weekend and are two wins away from sealing a return to next season's Champions League. Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen played the venue in 2016.
ANY club in the world would move heaven and earth to sign Lionel Messi. "It went right. This time it did not".
"We hope it doesn't affect the rest of our season but it's obviously a huge blow to our confidence", he said.
But perhaps that was part of the problem.
As well as following those Barça home games, the scientists are looking at the seismic patterns of traffic. A major avenue runs past the institute and it is possible to track the daily flow of vehicles, even detect the constant stop-start as the traffic lights run through their cycle.
The same is true for the subway and the timetable of train services.
"It may have started out as fun but we are now exploring the scientific aspects", Dr Díaz told BBC News. "One is to do with engineering, knowing things about how structures and buildings vibrate due to different movements of people".
- Ecuador sostiene que periodistas fueron asesinados en Colombia
- Cumbre logra acuerdo para lucha contra la corrupción en la región
- Cuba condena ataque "unilateral" de Estados Unidos a Siria
- Félix y la intervención del PJ: "Buscan proscribir al peronismo"
- Empleados bancarios paran el martes y el miércoles
- Nueva concentración de los familiares en busca de respuestas — ARA San Juan
- Embajada rusa: Ataque contra Siria tuvo falsos motivos
- Canapino se quedó con la victoria en Concordia
- "En la última jugada hubo penal" — Guillermo
- Arruabarrena y Schmiedlova definirán título en Bogotá