Russia's ambassador to Lebanon, Alexander Zasypkinhad, warned that the federation's military will shoot down US rockets and "even the sources that launched the missiles". "Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and 'smart!' You shouldn't be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!"
She was one of 30 Conservative MPs to reject possible UK military action against Syria to deter the use of chemical weapons, after a vote was called by the then-Prime Minister David Cameron. Simply put, Syria has become a very complex theater of conflict involving the Syrian government, Islamists, other domestic opposition forces, Russia, America, Iran, Israel, Turkey, and the Lebanese Hezbollah - all within close range of the British military bases in Cyprus.
Speaking to reporters in Romania, Le Drian says: "We are very firm.as the president of the Republic said. this situation can't be tolerated". The American missiles used in the attack, BGM-109 Tomahawks, have a range of around 1,000 miles and carry a warhead that weighs half a ton.
On Wednesday, he again warned Russia of being an ally of the Assad regime.
It added that recent statements from Washington "show (the Trump administration) lacks not only principles and values but also wisdom and logic and that in itself endangers international peace and security". For one, Trump said the missiles headed toward Syria include some that are "smart".
Liberal Democrat leader Sir Vince Cable said: "The use of chemical weapons is a clear red line, and there must be consequences for crossing it". "We have the proof that chemical weapons - at least chlorine gas - were used by Assad's regime", Macron told France's TF1 television.
President Trump has promised a forceful U.S. response to Saturday's incident in the Damascus suburb of Douma.
Russia and Syria quickly responded to Trump's threat on Wednesday. A year later in the spring of 2018, Al Assad is stronger still. Such an attack would be akin to declaring all-out war, and that could be what follows. The US Defence Department said it "does not comment on potential future military actions".
Meanwhile, Moscow said the formerly rebel-held district of Eastern Ghouta - including Douma, the target of Saturday's attack - had been "totally stabilized" and would soon be patrolled by Russian military police.
- Colón venció a "Chaca", que quedó al borde del descenso
- No queremos la guerra del narco en la CDMX — Sheinbaum
- Venezuela: Nicolás Maduro lidera intención de voto con 52 %
- Agónico triunfo del Porto sobre Benfica con gol de Herrera
- Jesús Santrich: Soy un revolucionario cabal
- Estos sitios y cuentas en redes sociales promueven "noticias falsas", según #Verificado2018
- Inauguran estadio mundialista de Ekaterimburgo
- Los Lakers buscan más estrellas
- Con Guardado, Betis vence al Girona y se afianza en quinto lugar
- "El asesinato de periodistas se produjo en el Ecuador" — Presidente Santos