Registration for the Android version of the game is "coming later". However, Epic Games, the developers of Fortnite recently revealed that users of PS4 and Xbox One users would not be able to play against each other.
It appears the decision is a political one with both the Fortnite devs and the head of Xbox (Phil Spencer) both wanting to see it happen. "For any other questions regarding Fortnite cross-network play between Xbox and PlayStation, please reach out to Epic or Sony directly". To date, Playstation manufacturer Sony has yet to comment or show support for the idea.
"Microsoft has always been a leading voice in encouraging the adoption of cross-platform play and the potential of connecting players across PC, mobile and all consoles", a Microsoft representative told Kotaku in an email. When the Xbox One was added as a platform though, it was not linked up with the PS4 user base, despite it numbering in the hundreds of thousands.
Gamers would no doubt love to broaden the crop of available players to compete against by bringing the PS4 into the mix, but Sony has been reticent to such endeavors in the past. And since the PS4 is now outselling Xbox One, disabling the function will only help sustain the present sales figures.
Even with Fortnite, the capability for Xbox One and PS4 gamers to play side-by-side is possible, as witnessed by a "configuration issue" that allowed gamers from each respective camp to play against one another for a brief period of time past year before it was shutdown.
Microsoft points the finger at Sony. According to The Verge, which earlier reported on those omissions, Sony at the time said that it didn't allow for cross-play to protect children, stating that cross-play exposes kids to "external influences we have no ability to manage or look after". Considering Epic's vision for the game, the bug looked like more of an attempt. "Play when you want, where you want". "Same gameplay, same map, same content, same weekly updates", screams the YouTube video description copy.
Addressing the concerns of some players, who think that the mobile version of the Battle Royale shooter might not be as vibrant, the developers assured, "On phones and tablets, Fortnite is the same 100-player game you know from PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Mac".
- Estudiante llega armado a buscar a su novia en Tamaulipas
- Griezmann, el mejor futbolista francés del 2016
- La bolsa de México baja 0,34 % al inicio de la sesión
- Docentes bonaerenses reclaman una "urgente convocatoria" a paritarias
- Pochettino bombshell could spell the end for Tottenham enforcer
- Revista National Geographic reconoce que sus publicaciones fueron racistas durante décadas
- Ventana de transferencia de enero: Real Madrid y Barcelona
- Quiso envenenar a su marido preso ya quien lo custodiaba
- Veracruz, un verdadero caos: Alto al secuestro
- La historia real detrás de Molly’s Game