This has led to supporters defending Mourinho, claiming he never trusted youth at his previous clubs because he was never given the opportunity to and now that he's at Old Trafford it's expected of him so he's risen to the occasion.
The reproduction of the story/photograph in any form will be liable for legal action.
"If we go through to the quarter-finals, it doesn't matter the opponent, it will always be one of the big names in European football, but we'll try".
Pogba cost United $116 million in 2016, a world-record fee at the time.
According to a report in The Mirror, Mourinho has identified three key areas where United need to strengthen in the summer.
Manchester United pair Nemanja Matic and Jose Mourinho sought to play down the 2-1 win over Liverpool last Saturday and highlight the importance of tomorrow morning's (Singapore time) clash with Sevilla.
Carrick has won 18 trophies in 12 years at United, including five Premier League titles and the Champions League in 2008.
United's hero at the weekend was homegrown forward Marcus Rashford, who marked his first Premier League start of 2018 with a brace. I think we're not one of the best teams in the competition but when a team arrives in the last eight, anything can happen.
"We won 2-1 against Liverpool on Saturday and at the end of the game there were some who said it was a disaster". One or two dangerous corners aside, he had little influence on the game.
Carrick, who is a former England international, joined the Red Devils from Tottenham in 2006 when United's retired veteran manager, Sir Alex Ferguson convinced him to swapped White Hart Lane for the Old Trafford. Hopefully I can get some game time and I am still enjoying training.
And then there was Liverpool. But nothing is decided yet.
"The most important thing is sticking together as a squad".
Liverpool managed 68% possession and pulled a goal back through Eric Bailly's own goal, but they could not find an equaliser against their resilient hosts, whose two goals had come from David de Gea goal kicks.
Rob is ESPN FC's Manchester United correspondent.
Jose Mourinho believes Scott McTominay's humble nature and willingness to learn is behind the Manchester United midfielder's rapid rise. "It's a big club with big players and for players like me and Marcus it's going to be tough to start every game but once you are on the pitch you have got to make an impact and maybe next game you will be playing".
- Pitcher de los Blue Jays admira a 'El Chapo'
- Notario vinculado al caso Ricardo Anaya desconoce firma y presentará denuncia
- Trump estrenará asesor económico: Larry Kudlow
- Hallaron un bebé recién nacido abandonado en basural de Cañuelas
- Celebra canciller de Ecuador reanudación de mesa de paz en Colombia
- Liga de Italia: Juventus afirma su liderato derrotando 2-0 al Atalanta
- #Verificado2018 desmiente un encuesta donde Meade aparece en primer lugar
- Funvisis aclara alerta de tsunami en Venezuela
- Tribunal Ambiental cierra conciliación por Dominga y entra en etapa de sentencia
- Alexa Dellanos rompe Instagram ¡con espectacular tanga!