"He obviously wasn't in his top form, so I was able to take advantage of it", Daniel said. Indeed, he has just 28 match wins to his name. Djokovic made a comeback after a long period out of the game at the Australian Open.
Novak Djokovic produced a puzzling performance in his loss to Japanese qualifier Taro Daniel.
It should be noted that Federer is bidding to snap his own mark as the oldest player to ever win the tournament, after setting the record last year. Delbonis acquitted himself respectably and held a set point in the second, but never really looked like winning as the Swiss came through 6-3 7-6. The tournament's 32 seeds all received first-round byes.
The match was tied 2-2 in the second set when it was halted Saturday.
Next up for the 23rd seed is Cuevas, who was leading 3-6 6-4 4-2 when Thiem retired hurt.
The 16-time Grand Slam champion was expected to return to action at the Mexico Open in Acapulco, but withdrew just prior to the start and has since confirmed that he will miss the two Masters Series events in Indian Wells and Miami.
How do they match up?The Swiss' greatest strengths are his serve and forehand, both of which, whilst not the most powerful, are incredibly accurate. But at the same time, just didn't feel good at all. It is a change that has improved an already impressive arsenal.
Federer charged into a 4-1 lead, then went ahead 5-2, stuttering before clinching the match with a stretching trademark volley that Delbonis returned into the net.
Krajinovic lacks weapons of the quality of Federer's.
"The nighttime is much deader". He may also be aided by the slow and gritty surface in Indian Wells. Federer has won 14 straight matches on hard court. The combination led to a quick and drama-free conclusion.
No wonder the injury hit Djokovic uttered to reporters afterward: "For me it felt like (the) first match I ever played on the tour".
"And even though you don't have pain, you're still thinking about it, because it's been something that I have been feeling and dragging for over two years".
Daniel, who is ranked 109th in the world, advanced to the third round where he will face Gael Monfils of France. It was actually quite interesting.
- Elecciones colombianas 'parecen un programa cómico — Maduro
- Metro de Medellín restablece su servicio en toda su línea A
- Republicanos concluyen que no hubo coordinación entre Trump y Rusia
- Comando intercepta y asesina a comandante de Guaymas
- Rafa Márquez podrá ir a Rusia
- "Debemos esperar un partido complicado, no podemos caer en desesperación" — Ricardo Ferretti
- Parrilli denunció que el Gobierno prepara detenciones de opositores
- Ronaldinho se disculpa por faltar a Juego de Estrellas en Veracruz
- "Contador de Auschwitz" fallece antes de ir a cárcel
- Red Bulls por la estocada final a Xolos en Concachampions