Stressing the limits on his room for manoeuvre, he told the BBC on Sunday it was not clear that recent improvements in Britain's economy - such as a pickup in weak productivity growth - represented a long-term change.
In 1850 Lord Palmerston, then foreign secretary, stood before the House of Commons and enunciated the principle of universal protection for British citizens everywhere, in the teeth of continental and Ottoman absolutism. She however found no words of comfort for the 66-year-old. "Both Litvinenko and Skripal worked for MI6".
Health officials say that up to 500 people may have to take these precautions.
Rudd said that Nick Bailey, a police officer who became unwell after taking part in the early response to the attack, remained seriously ill but was talking and engaging with his family.
Alexander died while in St Petersburg, Russia, British media reported.
Interior minister Amber Rudd says the government is doing all it can to advance the investigation.
She told ITV's Good Morning Britain: 'I've spoken to Mark Rowley this morning.
May was "expected to announce sanctions" against Russia "as soon as Monday", according to the Daily Telegraph newspaper. He is also due to launch some policy reviews.
Skripal was one of four Russians exchanged for ten deep cover agents planted by Moscow in the US (anybody who has seen the TV programme The Americans will have some idea of the murky world of the sleeper cells).
Nevertheless, Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson Defence Secretary described Russia as 'an ever-greater threat'.
"It is possible, but unlikely, that any of the substance which has come into contact with clothing or belongings could still be present in minute amounts and therefore contaminate your skin", it said in a statement. "We are putting in enormous resources to ensure that they have all the support that they need to do that".
In the end, Interpol notices were issued against two FSB agents, but not the former head of that agency, Nikolai Patrushev, who was implicated in the final report by its lead judge, Sir Robert Owen. If the Trump administration is willing to sell anti-tank missiles to Ukraine, it's not unreasonable to think it would publicize information on Russian assassinations.
Additionally, police believe that the two were specifically targeted, the Associated Press reported.
Glamorous spy Anna Chapman has branded poisoned double agent Sergei Skripal a "traitor".
Since the spy swap, she has become a multi-millionaire with her business ventures.
Forensic investigators in chemical warfare suits have been scouring the town for clues.
At an ambulance station a short distance from the city centre, troops in light grey overalls, purple gloves and gas masks covered ambulances with black tarpaulins as they prepared to remove them.
- Tillerson cancela agenda del día en África por enfermedad
- Altercado entre Sedatu y colonos de Juchitán, Oaxaca
- PRI lanza spot en donde expone a Ricardo Anaya como extorsionador
- Ricardo Gareca reveló cuál es su miedo más grande en divertida entrevista
- El uribista Duque y exalcalde Petro se perfilan como candidatos presidenciales — Colombia
- Venezuela propone financiar proyectos solares en Petros en la Alianza Solar Internacional
- El incómodo momento de Felipe Kast en entrevista con Cony Santa María
- Nuevo ministro de Justicia decidirá designación de exfiscal de Caval como notario
- 3-1. Martínez, Almirón y Villalba protagonizan primera goleada de Atlanta
- [VIDEO] Pumas cae ante Toluca con autogol de Marcelo Díaz