And now, with three defeats in their last three league fixtures, stretching back to the North London derby debacle at Wembley, the North London outfit now find themselves an unassailable 13 points behind Spurs in fourth. Brighton were organised and feisty and the Gunners failed to fully rediscover their spine.
Now the Gunners need to prepare for the Europa League match with Milan.
But they would halve the arrears before heading in for the break, Iwobi capitalising on some uncertain Brighton defending and passing to Granit Xhaka, whose pass was turned home by Aubameyang.
We just can't go on like this.
Can Arsenal, without a Premier League title in 14 years, still attract the caliber of manager capable of bringing in top talent and transforming the team into one which can compete with Pep Guardiola's City in the near future? "That is the glimmer of hope".
"The Arsenal players are not doing that at the moment".
Wenger will have noted that, despite their status as one of the giants of European football, Milan - seventh in Serie A - are faring as badly as Arsenal this season.
"It is not good enough, but they have one last chance to put it right in the Europa League".
"We know we are in a bad situation, a bad period", Arsenal's captain said. The wants and need are all very similar'.
"Our message to the club is that they must be proactive and take the decision sooner rather than later".
British media reveal that following a poll that was conducted on 1,000 members of the AST, 88% of them want Wenger sacked in the summer. It tends to happen once or twice every season, and is often accompanied by a deluge of overreaction from fans and pundits.
The loss was Arsenal's tenth of the season, meaning the club have already lost more games this term than they did in all of the last campaign. The rules state that a maximum of five teams from any one country can qualify. It's a nice position to be in.
Wenger is under massive pressure as his side have lost four consecutive games, most recently a 2-1 defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion, but he insists that he will not walk away.
- Real Madrid se volvió de París sin sorpresas — Champions League
- Mancera presenta ternas para sustituir a delegados que dejaron su cargo
- Cada bimestre Infonavit deja de percibir 30 mdp: delegada
- Qué deben hacer los hombres en el paro del 8M
- Ventana de transferencia de enero: Real Madrid y Barcelona
- Expansión de South Park: Retaguardia en Peligro tendrá un toque mexicano
- Hallan coche de "El Kukin" en Michoacán
- Video estremecedor: Alumnito apuñaló a un compañero y amenazó a la directora
- Talleres no estuvo preciso y dejó puntos en Victoria
- ¿Por qué Jennifer Lawrence llamó la atención en los Oscar?