Student Daniel Huerfano told The Associated Press he remembers seeing Cruz walking around the school with his lunch bag, adding, "He was that weird kid that you see. like a loner". "We can't find her. The phone was tracked to the school".
The suspect has been identified as 19-year-old Nikolaus Cruz.
Most of the fatalities were inside the building but some students were found fatally shot outside.
The shooting, one of nearly 20 since the start of the year, will once again throw the spotlight on the epidemic of gun violence in the United States and the ready accessibility of weapons in a country with 33,000 gun-related deaths annually. I hope In this darkest of times back home this brings everyone together and we can find love.
Chad Williams, 18, a senior at Stoneman Douglas High school, remembered Cruz as a troubled classmate from middle school.
The student at Oxon High School in Maryland was shot in the upper body when he went outside to meet people in a vehicle who police say tried to rob him. Minutes later, when a security guard alerted her that someone opened fire at the Broward County school, she urged students out in the hallways to hide in the classrooms.
Governor Rick Scott has been briefed on the shooting.
"Moms were crying, parents were worried", she said.
And then he got the news. That of Feis, and his heroic efforts to shield students from danger.
The suspect, a 19-year-old former student of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, was in custody.
The attacker used the fire alarm "so the kids would come pouring out of the classrooms into the hall", Sen.
The FBI were called in to a scene which he described as "horrific".
Police say the young man was heavily armed when he carried out the attack, packing what they believe to be an AR-15 rifle and "countless magazines". "It's just a horrible day for us".
Authorities have not released a photograph of the shooter, and an Instagram account reportedly belonging to him has been suspended.
Kardashian West said: "We owe it to our children and our teachers to keep them safe while at school. We all Indian Americans are praying for the victims", Shekar Reddy, whose friend's son was among those injured in the mass shooting, told PTI.
- Siete heridos en un choque entre un camión y un micro
- Gobierno busca libertad de 59 colombianos presos en Venezuela
- Maikel Moreno: "Garantizamos la humanización del Sistema Judicial venezolano"
- La AFIP incautó cerca de 25.000 pastillas de metanfetaminas
- "Varios decesos" en tiroteo en escuela de Florida — Policía
- Francia debate edad de consentimiento sexual por una polémica relación
- Revelan detalles sobre la boda del príncipe Harry y Meghan Markle
- Bracketology: Updated projected field for the 2018 NCAA Tournament (Week 15)
- Junior quiere extender el carnaval, ahora ante Guaraní
- Buen debut de Schwartzman — Argentina Open