Manchester City are lucky to have a star like Kevin De Bruyne at their disposal, team-mate Sergio Aguero said after the attacking midfielder helped orchestrate a 5-1 win over Leicester City on Saturday.
De Bruyne laced a beautiful cross on the ground, finding Aguero on the far post for his first goal of the match.
Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez, who almost joined Manchester City at the end of January, received an ovation from both sets of fans as he returned from his self-imposed exile to make an appearance as a second-half substitute. Their natural game of hitting Jamie Vardy on the counter-attack has previously caused Manchester City problems but to do that some possession is required.
Everton climbed to ninth and the only negative was Luka Milivojevic's late consolation for Palace from the penalty spot. Now it's important to move on together and prepare for the next game'.
De Bruyne has provided 77 assists since August 2012, which is the best total of any player across any of the top five leagues in Europe. This was a goal straight out of the Catalan's playbook and, inevitably, was created by Kevin De Bruyne.
Two of Aguero's goals - a delicate chip and powerful strike from the edge of the box - would have been worth the admission fee alone.
First, he capitalised on another poor clearance from Schmeichel and lifted an audacious chip over the Dane, then late on struck a powerful effort from just outside the area which bounced in off the underside of the crossbar. The Englishman duly converted his chance. The Austrian defender, on loan from Bayer Leverkusen, was pleased with his contribution and the scores remained level.
Argentine forward Sergio Aguero scored four goals in Manchester City's 5-1 win against Leicester City. The former AS Monaco man is a good crosser of the ball and has fit very well into the team after a slow start.
Aimless passes under no pressure combined with little work rate hallmarked a dire display, the damaged goods shipped off by United in exchange for Alexis Sanchez appears to be the deal of the century. The midfield maestro saw out the game in a defensive midfield role after Guardiola introduced 17-year-old Phil Foden in place of Fernandinho. Management is not a book where every time you do the same things.
- N. Korean leader invites S. Korea's Moon to the North--president's office
- Aprobación de PPK sigue cayendo y llega a 19% — Ipsos
- PAN en Querétaro abre centros de votación para refrendar apoyo a Anaya
- Man United won't catch Man City this year or next — Wayne Rooney
- Libya: Twin Bombings Kill Two, Injure Dozens
- La oposición propuso el 22 de abril para las presidenciales — Rodríguez
- El mensaje de Tom Brady tras perder el Super Bowl LII
- Paraguay venció a Brasil y jugará playoff del Grupo Mundial 2
- Layún tiene minutos en la victoria del Sevilla sobre el Girona
- Memo Ochoa derrota a Omar Govea en duelo de mexicanos en Bélgica