Fortnite's free-to-play Battle Royale mode has surged in popularity over the past few weeks, recently hitting a new record of 3.4 million concurrent users.
Epic Games has posted a detailed explanation of what went wrong and how they intend to make sure it doesn't happen again, although obviously time will tell on that one. However, the game developer addressed this issue, as well as many other things, in the latest State of Development post. The game was developed by Epic Games using their signature Unreal Engine 4. At the moment, players can uncap the frame rate which allows the game to achieve up to 60 frames per second, but it's quite unstable and it decreases visual quality. This 60 FPS mode is tuned for each console to maximize frame rate while minimizing loss of visual quality.
With that being said, there are some several upcoming limited time modes for Battle Royale as well, the 50v50 event is available as well.
The long and the short of it, however, is that the server infrastructure the software firm has wasn't up to scratch to deal with that many players. Epic continued. 'All of this has been accomplished in just a few months by a small team of veteran online developers - and we'd love to welcome a few more folks like yourself to join Epic Games on this journey!' For example, the picture you can see below is a glider that could be added to the game very soon.
Officially titled update 2.4.2, the newest "Fortnite" update adds some thematically appropriate skins for the season with players having the option to dress up as Cupid or as a fluffy pink teddy bear of death.
- Presentaron tres denuncias contra Macri y Bullrich por apología del delito — Chocobar
- Griezmann, el mejor futbolista francés del 2016
- Back to Earth: Tesla's losses grow with Model 3 delays
- Estoy listo para lo que sigue: Meade
- Polémica app ayudaría a indocumentados a cruzar la frontera de EE.UU
- Neymar on target as PSG extend Ligue 1 lead — Soccer
- ELN ataca peajes en Cesar y quema tractomula en Antioquia
- Alcalde de Arraiján es separado del cargo por 30 días
- Cómo estará el tiempo este domingo en Mar del Plata
- Los triples de Ginóbili no alcanzaron para frenar a Golden State