He was disappointed to leave Arsenal but that the arrival of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang meant that he was the third-choice striker at a club which only plays with one forward.
"But the choice was clear and obvious once I knew that Antonio Conte wanted to work with me".
The lure of Italy's capital and North Rhine-Westphalia was not enough for Giroud, whose mind was made up after learning of Conte's desire to bring him to Chelsea.
"I called Didier Deschamps a week before the end of the transfer window as I needed his opinion", the 31-year-old striker told TF1.
Chelsea destroying Giroud's career.
Meanwhile, Giroud admitted that it was a 'disappointment' to leave North London after scoring 105 goals for the club since joining in the summer of 2012.
"I could have stayed, but I needed a solution to get back in".
Gracia has had to deal with a host of injury problems since replacing Marco Silva as Hornets boss, with Will Hughes, Younes Kaboul, Craig Cathcart, Christian Kabasele, Tom Cleverley and Miguel Britos among those missing for the hosts tonight.
The French International also went on to say that he had a wonderful stint with Arsenal where he had 180 appearances under his belt.
"There is a lot of work to be done for the near future".
When you play every three days, it's impossible to give intensity in these two days between one game and another. Sevilla was interested, Roma contacted my agent. "I know that Conte appreciates my profile, we'll work well together".
- Por qué Apple eliminó Telegram de su App Store
- Rusia llama al COI a aceptar la decisión del TAS
- Presunto militar evita robo y mata a ladrón en Legaria
- Grave incendio en basurero de Yautepec
- Lamenta Obispo de Cuernavaca el homicidio de sacerdotes en Guerrero
- A los 50 años, murió la periodista y legisladora Débora Pérez Volpin
- Criptomonedas pierden más de 100 mil MDD en sólo 24 horas
- Revira Director de Cortv, "las redes sociales no están reguladas"
- Por crisis, la Franja de Gaza quedará inhabilitada
- Cuba vence 6×3 a Puerto Rico en Serie del Caribe