A White House spokesperson says that deal should address Tehran's ballistic missile program, tighten inspections, eliminate the agreement's sunset clauses and limit Iran to a one year breakout to obtain a nuclear weapon.
Describing sanctions against Larijani as "hostile action", the foreign ministry said the move "crossed all the red lines of conduct in the international community". Scuttling the nuclear deal would be a disaster, especially with the mass protests going on in Iran right now.
"As a first step, we will coordinate with the E3 and the other EU Member States to jointly assess the statement and its implications." said Catherine Ray, Spokesperson for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy.
But if Trump decides to adhere to the nuclear agreement, keeping the sanctions lifted, and he pairs it with new sanctions that will be a detriment to Iranian businesses and people, it could still heighten tensions with the country and undermine the 2015 agreement. It might well be enough to light the whole region on fire with renewed conflict.
Washington also imposed sanctions on the head of Iran's judiciary and others. Instead, I have outlined two possible paths forward: "either fix the deal's disastrous flaws, or the United States will withdraw".
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi has urged all signatories to the multilateral 2015 agreement on Iran's nuclear program to continue its implementation amid US threats to withdraw from the deal, Press TV reported.
That in turn would cause crude prices to rise by $5 a barrel, Citigroup wrote, "as customers losing oil under U.S. pressure scramble for replacements at a time when OPEC and other producers have put a lid on their output".
Hardliners on Iran in the US Congress have called for the reimposition of the suspended sanctions and an end to the nuclear deal, while some liberal Democrats want to pass legislation that would make it harder for Trump to pull Washington out without congressional consent. The U.S. State Department said it expects a decision to be made later Thursday or by the Friday deadline.
- Habrá nuevo campeón en la NFC
- Asesinaron a un subcomisario de la bonaerense para robarle el auto
- CES 2018: Conoce el Bell Helicopter, el taxi aéreo
- Griezmann, el mejor futbolista francés del 2016
- Samsung quiere que hables con tu nevera
- La historia real detrás de Molly’s Game
- El "oso" de Maluma durante el desfile de Dolce & Gabbana
- Ventana de transferencia de enero: Real Madrid y Barcelona
- Asesinato a sueldo termina mal y matan a persona equivocada
- Fiscal inspeccionó terrenos de Mark Vito Villanela — Chilca