Foles picked it up and nearly snaked into the end zone for what the officials called a TD. It was initially called a touchdown, but a review showed he was a half yard shy.
No, Foles didn't set the world on fire like he did back in 2013, when the former Arizona Wildcats quarterback came from near-obscurity - at least outside of Tucson - to salvage the Eagles' season.
He missed another PAT, his fourth of the season, after the Eagles' only touchdown of the game, but he connected on all three of his field goal attempts to help the Eagle earn the victory.
Philadelphia will host either Minnesota or New Orleans next Sunday night for the NFC title.
The Eagles did put together a nice early touchdown drive, 14 plays for 86 yards, as Blount capped it with a fourth-and-goal run from the 1-yard line.
- Rob Maaddi reporting in Philadelphia.
Nick Foles completed three passes to Alshon Jeffery for 46 yards on the drive, including a 21-yard gain on third-and-8 to extend it. Foles' terrible overthrow should have been picked easily, but Neal mistimed the ball and it caromed off his knee and right into the hands of Eagles receiver Torrey Smith for a fluky 20-yard gain. The Falcons will receive the kickoff to start the third quarter.
The Falcons were forced to punt on the next drive, but the punt bounced into two Eagles players and the Falcons recovered.
All 10 of the Falcons' first-half points came off turnovers.
Blount ran in Philly's only touchdown of the game in the second quarter as they went for it on 4th and Goal early in the second quarter.
For at least one more week, Pederson hopes the fans will again play the role of 12th man as they did by creating a hostile environment for the Falcons.
- A late fourth quarter drive by the Atlanta Falcons ended two yards short of the end zone, as a fourth down pass to Julio Jones fell to the turf with 58 seconds remaining in their NFC playoff matchup against the Philadelphia Eagles.
The Falcons (10-6) produced one of their best performances of the season during their 26-13 win over the Los Angeles Rams in a wild card game last week. Not with Wentz the current and future fresh prince of Philadelphia, albeit sidelined for the time being after tearing his ACL in Week 14. But because this is the playoffs, and because he's their starting quarterback, Nick Foles is getting a ton of credit for the victory. The Falcons are led by Devonta Freeman, who had 865 yards rushing and seven TDs.
If Philadelphia wins, it will host the New Orleans-Minnesota victor next Sunday.
- Pyongyang exige que Seúl abandone las maniobras militares con EEUU
- Asesinan a tiros a futbolista de Segunda División de Ecuador
- Yerry Mina: "Se me erizó la piel cuando se me acercó Messi"
- Usuario explica el oscuro significado del título de 'Black Mirror — Twitter
- Ministro Fernández tras ataques incendiarios: "El Papa no debiera correr riesgo"
- Facebook: el conmovedor gesto de Yerry Mina en el Camp Nou
- Yerry Mina es oficialmente jugador del Club Barcelona
- Fuerte sismo de 7,1 grados sacude la costa de Perú
- 'Serious' flaws in Intel and other chips impact millions of devices
- Donald Trump se someterá a su primera revisión médica como presidente