But according to one developer, the company has a few additional patches for Intel's blunder in a current beta build.
The tech firm said it had 'made significant progress' on fixing two serious flaw affecting computers and gadgets including Apple iPads and iPhones which are fitted with chips made by Intel and other companies.
The two vulnerabilities could even expose information stored on smartphones, and will force computer users across the world to patch their systems to avoid data theft.
"With these glitches, if there is any way an attacker can execute code on a machine, it cannot be contained anymore", Ben Gras, a security researcher at the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam, told the Wired. And while this issue has been addressed by Microsoft and Intel, another design flaw has surfaced that affects all CPUs.
Microsoft has now confirmed that its Xbox gaming consoles including Xbox One, Xbox One S and Xbox One X are not affected by the security flaw. Apple, on the other hand, has been predictably mum on how it's dealing with the matter. However, Gruss said Spectre is harder for hackers to take advantage of.
However some reports have claimed that Spectre may not be able to be fixed without completely redesigning the processors themselves, and that the patches needed to address the Meltdown vulnerability could slow down computers by as much as 30 per cent.
"Programmers are scrambling to overhaul the open-source Linux kernel's virtual memory system".
- 'Serious' flaws in Intel and other chips impact millions of devices
- Usuario explica el oscuro significado del título de 'Black Mirror — Twitter
- Asesinan a tiros a futbolista de Segunda División de Ecuador
- Yerry Mina es oficialmente jugador del Club Barcelona
- Griezmann, el mejor futbolista francés del 2016
- México sostendrá postura firme ante el TLC
- Monarcas Morelia vs Veracruz, horario y minuto a minuto — Liga MX Femenil
- La historia real detrás de Molly’s Game
- Los memes que dejó el Real Madrid vs Villarreal — Facebook
- 'Nick Foles is the man:' Eagles get huge playoff win over Atlanta