He wants to require more robust inspections of nuclear facilities.
President Donald Trump waived nuclear-related sanctions on Iran on Friday, keeping the US in an international deal governing its nuclear program for the time being. JCPOA (the nuclear deal) is not renegotiable: "rather than repeating tired rhetoric, US must bring itself into full compliance - just like Iran", Zarif also wrote on his Twitter account. One official said the actions "will send a very strong message that the United States is not going to tolerate their continued abuses".
The next sanctions waivers are due in May.
Jewish Telegraphic Agency (JTA) notes that Iran's Central Bank was not included on the list of sanctions; had the bank been sanctioned it would have been a major blow to the Iranian regime.
The US Treasury said Larijani, the brother of Iran's parliamentary speaker and former nuclear negotiator Ali Larijani, is to blame for the torture and degrading treatment of prisoners.
He paired Friday's concession with other, targeted sanctions on Iran for human rights abuses and ballistic missile development. At that time, Trump had said the deal would be "terminated" if an agreement wasn't reached.
During his time as president from 2005 to 2013, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad stirred up vitriol against the United States and Israel, claiming that the Holocaust is a "myth" and threatening to annihilate the U.S.
Hailed by Obama as key to stopping Iran from building a nuclear bomb, the deal lifted economic sanctions in exchange for Tehran limiting its nuclear ambitions. Other sanctions target suppliers of Iran's military and Iran's cybersecurity sector, which the administration officials said plays a central role in censorship in Iran.
Despite Donald Trump's vows to kill it, Barack Obama's Iran nuclear deal lives.
They were speaking following a meeting with Iran's foreign minister, Javad Zarif.
The landmark accord was signed between six global powers and Iran in 2015.
German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel said since Iran is abiding by the deal, there is no reason to reconsider sanctions.
The high-ranking diplomat stressed improvement of the relations is important both for Russia and for the U.S., though now it is pushed back by Washington's actions of the kind.
- "Tengo una muy buena relación con Kim Jong Un" — Trump
- Trece modelos lo acusan por acoso sexual — Mario Testino
- Polémica defensa de otra figura de América a Cacho Castaña
- Griezmann, el mejor futbolista francés del 2016
- Ventana de transferencia de enero: Real Madrid y Barcelona
- La historia real detrás de Molly’s Game
- Federer drawn against Bedene, Nadal meets Burgos — AUSTRALIA OPEN
- Primero Justicia a Maduro: Este partido no va a doblegarse, tiene dignidad
- Nominan a Guillermo del Toro a los premios Sindicato de Directores
- Informante da ubicación de narcofosas en la Capital