AMD has confirmed that its processors are exposed to both variants of the Spectre security flaw, but reiterated that its CPUs are immune to the Meltdown flaw that largely affects only Intel microprocessors. We expect this issue to be corrected shortly and Microsoft should resume updates for these older processors by next week. The flaw has left massive numbers of CPUs potentially susceptible to intrusion and data theft, and NVIDIA's patch indicates that certain GPUs may also be vulnerable.
The security fixes are likely to cause significant slowdowns and a decrease in system performance, according to Microsoft. For example, a fix for Spectre led to issues turning on some computers with AMD chips, and a Meltdown patch for Microsoft Windows required changes from antivirus makers.
Microsoft didn't say whether or not it would be possible to upgrade Windows 7 and 8.1 to the newer kernel.
We at Play3r are keeping a close eye on these developments as chip manufacturers and Operating System vendors scramble to get on top of the issues and we will endeavour to keep you updated with any further information we receive.
Intel had announced the patches for Meltdown and Spectre hardware flaws however the exact number of devices affected remains unknown.
Last week, security researchers disclosed a set of flaws that could let hackers steal sensitive information from nearly every modern computing device containing chips from Intel Corp, Advanced Micro Devices Inc and ARM Holdings.
Nvidia has provided updates to GeForce, Quadro, and NVS driver software, as well as its Tesla driver software, and its GRID driver software.
We encourage our industry partners to continue to support these practices.
"As we roll out software and firmware patches, we are learning a great deal". The company notes that the security vulnerability hasn't been exploited. WebXPRT 2015 also sees slowdowns in the 5-10% range, but otherwise the differences are pretty minimal.
Google on Thursday, January 11, said that it has already deployed the necessary patches for processor vulnerabilities Spectre and Meltdown last year, which do not negatively impact the performance of its cloud services. Using top-of-the line Core i7-8700K consumer CPU with six-cores and 12 threats, and a fast Intel 600p M.2 NVMe SSD, the company could still see a 6-percent slowdown across the board in SYSmark benchmarks, with each individual benchmark ranging from 2 percent to 14 percent less.
- Ventana de transferencia de enero: Real Madrid y Barcelona
- Fuentes: "Estamos esperando que Pinares venga a la U"
- Griezmann, el mejor futbolista francés del 2016
- Un malware hace que juegos de Google Play muestren pornografía
- Investigan a Moyano en otra causa por supuesto lavado de dinero
- La historia real detrás de Molly’s Game
- Colo Colo jugará frente a Barcelona de Ecuador en la Noche Alba
- Ecuador concedió en diciembre la nacionalidad a Julian Assange 12/Ene/2018 Internacional
- Misael Dávila fue presentado como el primer refuerzo de Unión
- Anuncia EPN iniciativa para garantizar apoyo a ciencia y tecnología