The Trump administration has scrambled to control damaging headlines based on Michael Wolff's "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House", which was rushed to shelves Jan. 5 over threats from President Donald Trump's attorneys.
Tweeting is also serious business for the president and allegedly requires a lot of time and hard work.
"I don't believe there's any way back for Mr. Bannon at this point", White House spokesman Hogan Gidley told reporters on Air Force One on Monday. "So the president has his own press secretary - not Sean Spicer, but his private press secretary". "I told him I appreciated it because it's obviously not something he necessarily has to do". "My goal was to keep going until somebody said, 'Go away'".
Trump - who once said that he gets up at 5 in the morning - now begins his day at 11 a.m. after taking three hours of "executive time". Bannon helped to drive Trump's nationalist messaging in the final months of the 2016 election, contributing to the then-candidate's harsh criticisms of free trade and China. I am the only person to date to conduct a global effort to preach the message of Trump and Trumpism; and remain ready to stand in the breech for this president's efforts to make America great again. For their part, the White House has call the book "trash", "garbage" and fit for the "fiction section" of the bookstore. "So I want to be fair to him, but I also want to be accurate".
In the days following the release of Wolff's book, Trump had rejected the claims made by the author and defended himself against charges that he is mentally unstable.
Yet the new Michael Wolff book on President Trump and the White House "wasn't reviewed and what you did hear about it didn't sound very good, but now it's this huge political football and everyone is interested in it". What are some of the things you see, some of his missteps?
"As I say, when I deal with President Trump what I see is somebody who is committed to ensuring that he is taking decisions in the best interests of the United States".
"Delusional levels of grandiosity, impulsivity, and the compulsions of mental impairment, when combined with an authoritarian cult of personality and contempt for the rule of law, are a toxic mix", the authors wrote.
- New Yorker Cover Puts Trump 'In The Hole' After 'Racist' Comment
- Donovan coming out of retirement to play in Mexico
- Así se veía Pedro Sola cuando era joven
- Colón fue mucho para Atlético Paraná — Amistoso
- Tiernas palabras de hijos de Mariana Levy a Ana Bárbara
- Saltó desde un puente para evitar que una nena muera ahogada
- Paco Jémez y Las Palmas, humillados por el recién ascendido Girona
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho discusses feud with Antonio Conte
- Zeman recibe 38,58% de los votos en la primera ronda de presidenciales
- 'Committed' Conte will not walk out on Chelsea