Madrid are 15 points behind their rivals and look miles behind the Catalans.
When Real won the trophies last campaign, manager, Zinedine Zidane was heralded as a managerial messiah, with his man management, tactical prowess, calmness and rotation policy. Both players have since left the club, as well as Pepe, the Portuguese defender.
According to the Sky Italia journalist, the Egyptian has been identified by the European champions as a potential "Galactico" signing - concerning news for Liverpool supporters.
Skysports reports that the Reds hope to sign the Guinean in the January transfer window and are in ongoing negotiations with the German side, with all three parties keen to find a resolve. In any event, talk of a January exit has been quelled and that is the most immediate thing. When a team has so much success, there is the obvious tendency to become complacent.
With the Coutinho madness now over, I think it's time to get back to the actual football with Manchester City visiting Anfield on the weekend.
The Merseysiders have money to spend following Coutinho's £142m move so they could test Madrid's resolve with a tempting offer for Ceballos's signature this month.
Of course, the La Liga giants have done very well this season, leading the pack in Spain by 9 points and ahead of Real Madrid by 16 points.
Losing Coutinho in the middle of the season is a huge blow for Liverpool and it would utterly disastrous if the club sold Salah, who's since responded to the reports linking him with a move to the Bernabeu.
- Holanda y Venezuela discuten sobre el cierre fronterizo
- Holland, West Michigan Apparently Not Affected by Sam's Club Closings
- Gobierno desmiente que censo electrónico se utilizará para fraude electoral
- Zidane quiere usar la Copa para aclarar el ambiente
- ¿Un coche sin volante ni pedales? Sí, el futuro ya está aquí
- Lionel Messi le dio la bienvenida a Yerry Mina al Barcelona
- Tomaron la Nunciatura en la que se alojará el Papa
- Corea del Sur festeja el diálogo con Pyongyang
- La vuelta de Mora: "No puedo explicar la felicidad que tengo"
- El dólar subió dos centavos en el cierre de la semana