Nvidia's software developers will be, like AMD, providing collaborative help to OS vendors to strengthen mitigations for affected CPUs that could be affected by For GPZ Variant 1 and 2 (Spectre).
Meaning the updates for the Intel computer chip flaw had its own flaws.
This stood in contrast to AMD's original response on January 3 to the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities when it blogged that there was currently "near-zero risk" to its processors from vulnerabilities associated with the Spectre and Meltdown issues. Meltdown on the other hand doesn't seem to be a concern.
Finally, keep in mind we're still in the early days of dealing with these fundamentally different security problems. It also insisted that it has yet to receive any information that the Spectre/Meltdown flaw has been used to obtain customer data, but it's probably for the best to install the fix when you get it anyway. In cases where the position is held at the time of publication and such position is known to the Company, appropriate disclosure is made.
Intel Executive Vice President Navin Shenoy on Wednesday issued an update on the impact of the patches on performance, saying that eighth-generation Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake platforms would see less than a 6 percent performance decrease. However, yesterday the chip maker admitted these updates were causing certain computers to unexpectedly reboot. He has written for Reuters, Bloomberg, Crain's New York Business and The New York Times.
Intel have since promised to be transparent on the matter, with an open letter from Brian Krzanich stating the company's 'security-first pledge'. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is suitable or advisable for any specific person.
Microsoft also said that security updates froze some computers using chipsets from Intel rival AMD, dragging AMD's shares down nearly 4 per cent. Shares in Intel, which reiterated on Tuesday that it saw no sign of a significant slowdown in computers, fell 2.5 per cent taking the loss since the issue surfaced last week to about 7 per cent or around $15 billion in market value.
Major cloud providers, AWS, Google and Microsoft say that, for the majority of workloads, customers should not notice a difference in performance following the updates.
As well as triggering undesirable behaviour the Spectre patches are degrading machine performance, particularly for older processors.
The statement continued: "AMD will make optional microcode updates available to our customers and partners for Ryzen and EPYC processors starting this week".
- Siguen desaparecidos nueve de los balseros venezolanos que naufragaron en Curazao
- Leones del Caracas clasifica a la semifinal de la LVBP
- Instalan baños mixtos en la Facultad de Estudios Superiores Iztacala
- Emite UNAM convocatoria 2018 para ingreso a licenciatura
- Una multitud recibió a Mauro Zárate en el Amalfitani
- Navarrete Prida toma protesta a nuevos funcionarios en Segob
- Actor de Telemundo, presunto asesino de modelo argentina Karen Ailén
- Independiente da otro "maracanazo" en la Final de la Copa Sudamericana
- Movimiento Ciudadano rechaza la violencia sexual que enfrenta #LadyMovimientoNaranja
- Venezolanos pidieron ayuda a gobierno dominicano facilidades migratorias