Publisher Henry & Holt Company had planned a Jan. 9 release. The president himself has tweeted that the book is phony. Instead, the publisher moved up the release four days to Friday due to "overwhelming demand".
Trump was furious. On Wednesday afternoon, the White House released a statement emphatically disowning Bannon. Trump has said the book is full of lies. Wolff asked playfully in his first interview about the book, "Fire and Fury", which became the country's hottest book in the last two days. "What's I think is really mentally unstable" is people not seeing the progress Trump is making.
US President Donald Trump has defended his mental capacity, insisting that he's a "very stable genius".
On Thursday Rebekah Mercer issued a statement distancing her family from Bannon.
And of course that picture of Trump playing tennis.
CORRECTION: Due to an editing error, an earlier version of this article said that Steve Bannon co-founded Breitbart News.
Trump's lawyers sent Wolff and his publishers cease-and-desist letters, as they had to Bannon.
Reagan, a Republican who was the US president from 1981-1989, was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 1994 and died in 2004. The acrimony suggests a permanent split between the president and the strategist who helped him win the White House. Donald Trump is going to probably spend the remainder of his presidency fighting back. "I certainly said what was ever necessary to get the story", Wolff said. In fact, some of Wolff's reporting has already been corroborated.
The biggest revelation from the book came from a series of interviews done with Steve Bannon, the former right-hand man to Trump who worked in both the campaign and briefly in the White House.
"Of course I've met him and we discussed the Middle East peace process".
The bookstore was keeping a tally of all the calls they had received asking for the book.
In Washington, customers lined up in bitterly cold weather to purchase a copy at KramerBooks, which began selling copies at midnight. "It's all about him", Wolff told NBC's "Today" show. Ashley Thompson adapted it for Learning English, with additional materials from VOA News and the Associated Press.
Michael Wolff's "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House" describes a chaotic White House, a president who was not prepared to win in 2016, and Trump aides who question his intelligence and ability to lead.
- Trump claims he 'probably' has a good relationship with N. Korea leader
- Landon Donovan regresa al fútbol para jugar en León
- Huracán derrotó a Banfield en Mar del Plata
- Suiza: Langostas no se cocinarán más en agua hirviendo
- Bachelet asegura que en democracia las manifestaciones deben ser pacíficas — Tras ataques
- Investigadora realiza protesta por normalistas, al recibir premio de EPN
- Mujer es detenida por prostituir a su hijo de nueve años
- Violan a niña; matan a joven
- Taylor Swift estrena video junto a Ed Sheeran y Future (+ Videos)
- Principales destinos turísticos internacionales de México sin restricción de viaje