"Due to a contractual issue and due to Liverpool's desire, we cannot provide the exact data, but there has been a very significant reduction (in price)", the Barcelona director told a Press conference at the Camp Nou.
"I'll have plenty of time to help the club in the future", he said after signing a 5 1/2-year contract.
"This time the reduction in their price was enough for us to authorise the transfer".
Philippe Coutinho will be unveiled as Barcelona's latest star recruit on Monday, with coach Ernesto Valverde predicting the world's third-most expensive footballer will comfortably fit into a team already containing global superstar Lionel Messi.
Following confirmation on Saturday that a transfer agreement had been reached, Liverpool issued a statement confirming fans with 'Coutinho 10' shirts purchased from the club will be entitled to GBP 50 vouchers.
Liverpool FC signed Coutinho in an £8.5m deal from Serie A giants Inter Milan in the 2013 January transfer window.
Playing wise, he's driven and fiercely ambitious - we've seen that in his desperation to make this move happen.
Since McManaman quit Anfield for the Bernabeu, where he won two Champions League titles, Liverpool have also lost Owen, Xabi Alonso, Fernando Torres, Suarez and Raheem Sterling.
What sort of personality, off the pitch and on it, are Barca getting for their money?
I was on a course on Sunday so I only just caught up with some of the comments between Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte, with accusations being a cheat and being a small man being thrown about.
Liverpool's weakness for a number of seasons has been at the back and a big club's solution to that problem would have been to buy Van Dijk and hold on to Coutinho as well.
They know it was coming to an end.
"I also spoke to Luis Suarez and also Paulinho, and they also had good things to say".
The one that sticks out for me is the Premier League game against Manchester City at Anfield in April 2014.
- La policía salvó a una joven de ser quemada viva
- Puigdemont llegó a un acuerdo para volver a ser presidente de Cataluña
- Vidal anuncia un paquete de medidas para los casinos
- Nene de dos años murió al comer venenos para ratas
- Niegan que Radiohead haya demandado a Lana del Rey
- Fiscalía cierra investigación contra Tea Time
- Buque ruso continúa en la búsqueda del ARA San Juan
- Aumenta 14,3% visita de turistas extranjeros a Chile en 2017
- Periodista lo llama 'Señor Mudo' y él la cuadra así — Alberto Rodríguez
- Gobierno suspenderá cobro de peajes de Urabá por una semana