But it's not just the national media that has taken notice; it's regional media, too - publications like the Prince George Journal in Prince George County, Va. The editorial board of the small newspaper met after the Peach Bowl and decided it, too, would name UCF as its national champion.
UCF Athletics Director Danny White also said that "As Orlando's Hometown Team, we're looking forward to celebrating with our community on Monday night". Bama claims 16 national titles, the most recent coming in 2015, and Georgia has won two, in 1942 and 1980.
Sankey said SEC teams worked hard to adjust their nonconference football schedules to meet the criteria for earning semifinal bids, pointing to Georgia's matchup with Notre Dame and Georgia Tech and Alabama's opener against Florida State.
"We've got to make sure we capitalize on this", White said. No. Then the Tide doesn't belong in the playoffs.
Just ask UCF. the uncrowned national champion. "I was watching [the selection show] every week, the committee sitting in a room and deciding that this two-loss team must be better than UCF because UCF is in the American, or this three-loss team must be better than UCF".
Scott released a proclamation on Monday declaring the UCF Knights as college football's national champion. You guys have known that for years. Murray's desperation pass to the end zone on fourth down was batted down as time expired.
This doesn't have anything to do with 2017, but it's a pretty fun footnote to add to UCF's title claim..
Alabama played Mercer, Colorado State and Fresno State and it didn't seem to affect the Crimson Tide one iota. "And the winner of that game between the University of Georgia and the University of Alabama will be the national champion". Georgia may hit the over on its own.
The unfortunate part of this is that there's no guarantee that a Group of 5 team would get in even with this sort of format.
But the former UCF coach ran into some trouble when he tried to get into the press box for another interview as security denied him entrance due to improper credentials. Frost spent much of the afternoon as a guest analyst on television for the National Championship Game.
There was no justifiable argument for an undefeated school to be ranked that low.
A playoff representative eventually cleared up the matter and escorted Frost inside.
- Congreso: lastimaron a un turista ruso para robarle
- Jorge Sampaoli se reunió con Javier Mascherano en Barcelona
- Maduro acusó a cuatro agencias de noticias de hacer "campaña" en contra
- Dolor abdominal por seis años: tenía bolsas de kétchup en el intestino
- Prevén iniciar venta de petros en mes y medio
- Corea del Norte y del Sur reactivan contacto directo en la frontera
- Riyad Mahrez sería sustituto de Coutinho en Liverpool
- Investigan desaparición de familia oriunda de Camargo
- Detienen a ocho miembros de organización pacifista en Chiapas
- La justicia francesa abre investigación contra Apple