Having Jackson back for his senior season would have assured that Louisville can continue to compete at a high level in the ACC, but Petrino doesn't have the luxury of feeling sorry for himself after losing a transcendent talent to an inevitable future at the next level.
Lamar Jackson is headed to the NFL. "After much discussion with my family and coaches, I have made the decision to take the next step in my career and enter the NFL draft".
Another quarterback has thrown his hat into the 2018 NFL Draft, and he promises to break the internet's anonymous scout industry in the process. "With their help I have been able to grow not only as a quarterback, but as a teammate, student, and most of all, as a man". In 2016 he had a record-setting season with 3,543 passing yards, 30 touchdowns and nine interceptions while rushing for 1,571 yards and 21 touchdowns. He also added 13 carries for 62 yards and another score predominantly in mop-up duty. "My time in Louisville has produced some of the best memories of my life".
Between Pass, Cunningham, Travis and the walk-ons, Louisville has a mixture of playing styles to choose from.
But it's hard to question his productivity in three years of college. Meanwhile, Travis is somewhere in between the two. Because the moment Jawon Pass begins thinking that he has to replace Lamar Jackson, Louisville starts fighting a losing battle.
In the Cardinals' 31-27 loss to Mississippi State in the TaxSlayer Bowl last Saturday, the 2016 Heisman Trophy winner threw an interception - his fourth of the day - on his team's penultimate drive. The only blemish? A 6-point loss to Clemson.
- Se registra incendio en Torre Trump de Nueva York
- Sismo de magnitud 5,4 Richter afectó a Colombia
- Coutinho Joins Barcelona in €160 Transfer
- Corea del Norte y del Sur se encontrarán el martes
- Estos son los horarios de La Cumbre del Rock Chileno+
- Butragueno: Struggling Cristiano Ronaldo is still key player for Real Madrid
- Ministro confirma la normalidad en el sistema Metro de Caracas
- El negro y la protesta — Golden Globes
- Rechazan acusaciones de injerencia rusa en elecciones de EE.UU
- Quisieron remolcar a un conductor y terminó volcando