Only a few weeks after it was announced six House Democrats were introducing articles of impeachment against Donald Trump, the House of Representatives has decided to table the proposal. The motions must be considered by the House and so Democrats will be forced to go on record about whether to impeach the president, CNN said. "It causes unparalleled destruction to our society in the long- and short-term that will not easily heal".
A Texas Democrat plans to force an impeachment vote against President Donald Trump on the floor of the House of Representatives today.
"I am absolutely convinced that this is a road worth traveling", Green said in his floor speech on Wednesday.
Lawmakers voted 364 to 58 in rejection of liberal Democrat Al Green's resolution to begin impeachment proceedings against the Republican president.
"Their time would be better spent focusing on tax relief for American families and businesses, and working to fund our troops and veterans through the holiday season rather than threaten a government shutdown", spokesman Raj Shah told the website. The leaders said Congressional inquiries and Robert Mueller's investigation into connections between Trump's campaign and Russia should be allowed to continue. It does detail Trump's dalliances with the far right - including his failure to quickly denounce the white-nationalist marchers in Charlottesville - and his recent tweeting of anti-Muslim videos circulated by a British extremist group, as well as public acts and statements denigrating various groups and individuals.
Despite the concerns from fellow Democrats, Green said he is pushing impeachment now as a matter of conscience. "I will them that it's about democracy".
The calls for removing Mr Trump from office have created some discord throughout the Democratic party. "It divides and damages the social fabric of our country in ways that obstruction of justice cannot".
- Gov. Ducey honors veterans during Pearl Harbor Day remembrance
- Hands-on: Asus NovaGo's Snapdragon-based Windows PC feels predictably 'good enough'
- Griezmann, el mejor futbolista francés del 2016
- Fernando Esteche se entregó luego del pedido de detención de Bonadio
- D'Elía y "Yussuf" Khalil ya están en Tribunales
- Si la llevan presa a Cristina Kirchner se arma quilombo
- Cae nieve en Coahuila
- Comienzan a llegar las columnas a Plaza de Mayo
- La historia real detrás de Molly’s Game
- Raúl Castro en Antigua y Barbuda para fortalecer nexos con el Caribe