Manchester City fell to their first defeat in the Champions League this season, losing 2-1 to Shakhtar Donetsk. Spartak, who needed a win to progress, drop into the Europa League. Firmino, Coutinho and Salah also start tonight. "I'm sure it will (hurt him)", Steven Gerrard said on BT Sport. No one questions their attacking prowess, but they can leak goals at the back which nullifies good work done further up the pitch.
Liverpool's second seven-goal win took their group stage tally to 23 - a record for an English team and the second highest by any club. This gives this match a cup final feel to it and we have to have that mentality.
"This underlines Liverpool's strengths and their weakness wasn't tested, their defence". The same scoreline as in Sevilla but surely Liverpool wouldn't fold again?
"I'm a numbers man when it comes to creativity and when it comes to Coutinho - they're not great you know".
But Coutinho was the star, Henderson's replacement both as captain and in central midfield.
Coutinho put the hosts ahead with a fourth-minute penalty and finished a sweeping move moments later.
It then threatened to get embarrassing for the visitors as Klopp's side scored another with the celebrations from the previous goal having barely died down. Klopp has rotated his squad seamlessly this season and if he cannot trust his captain in such a crucial game, he has earned the right to make such "difficult decisions". "They should avoid sex two or three days before the football game". Credit to the Dutch side, they found a leveller on the half-hour mark from the head of Danish striker Nicolai Jørgensen.
The only bit of bad news relates to Moreno, who may miss the game against Everton after colliding with Roman Zobnin, although the Liverpool Echo reported that the Spaniard may be fit in time for the game if luck is on his side.
- Fake News: Media Ignoring Evidence in Claiming Trump Tweet Shows Obstruction
- "Sé que Nicole discute bastante con Moyano" — Fabián Cubero
- Resultados de la segunda fecha de la Finalísima — Copa Perú
- La NBA se consolida en la Ciudad de México 25 años después
- Claudia Sheinbaum entrega la delegación Tlalpan y va por la CDMX
- Feyenoord venció a Napoli en la Champions League — Con Renato Tapia
- Manchester United target flops while fullback wanted by Chelsea thrives — Champions League
- "El Bronco" cerca de alcanzar firmas; Zavala, lejos
- Doctora del Spartak prohíbe sexo a los jugadores
- Oros y marcas para Panamá en los Centroamericanos