This report does fit more or less with Kuo's claims, however, the analyst predicts the "iPhone X Plus" model will be even larger, measuring in at 6.5 inches.
Nikkei added that the LCD model will have a metal back, which suggests it might not pack newer technologies such as wireless charging.
First spotted by GizmoChina, Nomura claims that LCD display iPhone which is expected to launch in 2018 will feature an edge-to-edge design similar to the iPhone X. There will be a single camera setup on the rear and is also expected to come with FaceID feature.
The 6.1-inch LCD iPhone will also trade the glass back found on the iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X for a metal back used on older models, like the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus and will be available in "several colors", according to Nikkei.
While Consumer Reports called the phone an "innovative device with a fantastic camera and lovely display", the iPhone X lost to the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus in a full comparison of the phones because it was flimsy. "This means Apple could be forced to reveal too many of its product plans to a rival, which would be a concern", Chiou said.
The best feature in the new iPhone X is the phone's super-long battery life. In November, LG Display announced that it will be investing 15 trillion won ($13.7 billion) in OLED panel production for TVs and mobile devices in the next three years, with two-thirds of the money set aside for smartphone OLED displays.
The Japanese securities firm also claims that there will be an OLED iPhone that will feature a 5.8-inch display. Casetek has made iPads in the past, but the 6.1-inch LCD device would be its first iPhone.
This report follows a recent rumor that Apple would release three new iPhones next year that will all adopt this year's iPhone X design (Face ID, the notch, the whole nine yards).
Switching from OLED to LCD wouldn't be a big deal, provided that it entails a lower price.
- Disney resumes Fox takeover talks - report
- How are they chosen and what do they represent — Capital cities
- CTM representará al sindicato de choferes Uber y Cabify en Puebla
- El papa Francisco se muestra "profundamente preocupado" por Jerusalén
- Monterrey buscará sacarse la 'espina clavada' ante Tigres
- Policía hondureña se mantiene en huelga por crisis electoral
- Crearon una cámara para suicidarse rápido y sin dolor
- Luz Salgado: "Se quiere callar la voz de Fuerza Popular"
- Jubilado anónimo donó 500 mil pesos para un hospital
- Madrid not Champions League favourite — Bosz