Murdoch did add that the company is always working to "create the most value for shareholders". The Mouse House would not get Fox's broadcast network, Fox Sports or Fox News.
The Murdoch family, which controls Fox, prefers a deal with Disney because it would rather be paid in Disney than Comcast stock, and expects a potential deal with Disney to be cleared by US antitrust regulators more easily, one of the sources said.
Reuters reported in November that Comcast, the largest USA cable provider, had expressed interest in Fox assets.
The talks of a Fox sale begin in November when Disney reportedly reached out to Fox to open negotiations.
Fox will sell TV networks such as FX and National Geographic as well as movie studios, franchises, and more to Disney but local TV affiliates, Fox Sports, and Fox News will not be given to Disney. The Burbank entertainment conglomerate is interested in acquiring Fox's film and television studio, a number of cable television networks, its 39% stake in United Kingdom satellite television provider Sky and India's Star TV, as well as its 30% share of the Hulu streaming service.
Fox declined to comment, while Disney and Comcast were not immediately available to comment.
- Fake News: Media Ignoring Evidence in Claiming Trump Tweet Shows Obstruction
- Feyenoord venció a Napoli en la Champions League — Con Renato Tapia
- Jose Mourinho fears the worst for Manchester United in Champions League draw
- La historia real detrás de Molly’s Game
- "Una mujer fantástica" y Netflix triunfan en los Premios Fénix iberoamericanos
- Democrat plans to force impeachment vote against Trump this week
- "Sé que Nicole discute bastante con Moyano" — Fabián Cubero
- Doctora del Spartak prohíbe sexo a los jugadores
- Oros y marcas para Panamá en los Centroamericanos
- La tercera generación comienza a llegar a Pokémon GO