A series of large, aggressive wildfires broke out in Southern California overnight Monday through Wednesday morning, chasing thousands from their homes as the infernos grew by hundreds of acres per hour.
Kim Kardashian added: 'I pray everyone in Los Angeles is safe from these fires and thank you to all of the fire fighters working so hard to keep everyone safe!'
"We are still in the middle of an aggressive and active firefight on the ground", said Robert Welsbie, spokesman for the Ventura Fire Department.
The fire, called the Thomas Fire, rage in the city of Ventura and its surrounding area, 80km northwest of Los Angeles, fire officials said. The blaze had been creeping there already, but an increase in winds pushed it close enough for many more to flee.
The four fires are currently blazing through thousands of acres in California, forcing residents to evacuate.
The fires have have now crossed over the main coastal highway and reached the Pacific Ocean, on America's West Coast. Each of the fires was at just 5 percent containment or below as of Wednesday afternoon.
Heiress Hilton wrote: 'This wildfire in LA is terrifying!
There is also a water tank at the facility that holds 1 million gallons in reserve for just such an occasion, and any brush on the property is routinely cleared away to prevent the likelihood of a fire spreading.
The museum closed Wednesday while the fire was held back.
The space agency noted that "forecasters with the Los Angeles office of the National Weather Service warned that the region is in the midst of its strongest and longest Santa Ana wind event of the year".
Air tankers that had been grounded much of the week because of high winds flew on Wednesday, dropping flame retardant.
Residents of wealthy LA neighborhoods between Mulholland Drive to the north and Sunset Boulevard to the south were part of the evacuation zone.
"The sheer magnitude of what went down that night, the heat, the fear, the unknown, you don't want to relive that again", she said.
One of the region's major freeways, the 405, has faced closures due to the wildfires.
- Ya se han vendido más de 70 millones de PS4, según Sony
- Confirmado: hay un nuevo Tomb Raider en camino
- Estos son los primeros ganadores de "La suerte de ser chileno"
- El senador estadounidense Al Franken dice que renunciará en las próximas semanas
- Griezmann, el mejor futbolista francés del 2016
- Si la llevan presa a Cristina Kirchner se arma quilombo
- La historia real detrás de Molly’s Game
- Sophie Turner revela detalles de la octava temporada de Game of Thrones
- Victor Moses backs Chelsea to move on after Atletico Madrid stalemate
- Príncipe saudí es dueño del Salvator Mundi de Da Vinci