On Monday, the Trump administration announced that a decision had yet to be reached on whether or not to move the US Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
In a series of messages he posted on his official Twitter account, Kalın said that the decision is also against Jerusalem's historical and religious status.
Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdag said the expected US move risked igniting a "fire" in the Middle East and will prove a "great disaster".
Previously, President Donald Trump proclaimed that the US intends to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
Kilicdaroglu also voiced his support for Turkey's "Palestinian brothers".
On Tuesday, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned that the status of the city is a "red line" for Muslims, and that the move could even prompt Turkey to cut ties with Israel.
Turkey currently holds the chairmanship of the OIC.
There have been suggestions he will stop short of moving the embassy for now but recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital - a move that would overturn years of precedent and run contrary to international consensus.
"Such a step will dismiss the peace process in the Middle East, which is already in a fragile state, and cause new tensions and conflicts in the Middle East. We hope that the U.S. administration will not make such fatal mistake. The US embassy and the embassies of the rest of the world should be housed in Jerusalem".
Last year, Turkey and Israel ended a rift triggered by Israel's deadly storming in 2010 of a Gaza-bound ship that left 10 Turkish activists dead and led to a downgrading of diplomatic ties. It later annexed east Jerusalem in a move never recognised by the international community.
The two sides have since stepped up co-operation, in particular in energy, but Erdogan, who regards himself a champion of the Palestinian cause, is still often bitterly critical of Israeli policy.
"American government officials have said themselves that we have to start a war in the region to protect the security of the Zionist regime", Khamenei said.
- Senado regula operaciones electrónicas bajo Ley Fintech
- Ventana de transferencia de enero: Real Madrid y Barcelona
- El divertido reto del hijo de Jimena Barón a su mamá
- Explosión en una sede del Correo Argentino
- Los Lakers buscan más estrellas
- Recomiendan a mujeres ticas no vestir provocativas para "evitar ser violadas"
- La historia real detrás de Molly’s Game
- Marchas y protestas contra las reformas laboral y previsional — Día complicado
- En Ciénaga, Magdalena, nació el bebé más grande de Colombia
- El segundo teaser de Jurassic World 2 es nostalgia pura