- Airstrikes targeted a scientific research centre.
Just days before, Israeli Air Force missiles destroyed a building in the Syrian city of al-Qiswa where an Iranian military facility was reportedly under construction, the Times of Israel said.
"The shelling took place with missiles launched by Israeli warplanes", the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported citing local sources. The structures that were damaged appear to be barracks and garages.
A witness told Reuters late on Monday three strong explosions were heard from the direction of Jamraya, west of Damascus.
There was no comment from Israel, which rarely confirms the strikes it conducts inside Syria.
Following the strikes, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he won't allow Iran to "entrench" in Syria.
"Unless the US commits to preventing the march of these forces, Iran will be the ultimate victor in the Syrian conflict, thereby expanding its influence across the Middle East and setting the stage for future conflict - with both Sunni states and with Israel", observed David Adesnik, director of research at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies.
Several Arab media reports last weekend suggested that the strike purportedly killed 12 Iranian military personnel. Meanwhile, satellite images released by ImageSat International earlier Monday apparently evidence the damage caused to the Iranian base located al-Qiswah, some 50 kilometers north of the Israeli border.
- Marchas y protestas contra las reformas laboral y previsional — Día complicado
- Tens Of Thousands Evacuated As Wildfire Grows In Southern California
- La historia real detrás de Molly’s Game
- Néstor Pitana será el árbitro del clásico rosarino
- Potential US move on Jerusalem 'worrying': Turkish presidential spokesperson
- Mikolas returns from Japan, agrees to deal with Cards
- Griezmann, el mejor futbolista francés del 2016
- Explosión en una sede del Correo Argentino
- Anuncian un miércoles inestable y con 30 grados de máxima
- Senado regula operaciones electrónicas bajo Ley Fintech