"We are thrilled to welcome Jimbo to the Aggie Family". The unit is noted for its ability to fight in harsh mountainous terrain.
Moments after slipping on a new maroon jacket as the new coach at Texas A&M, Jimbo Fisher said the right things about his decision to leave Florida State. The Aggies had their No. 1 choice, and that was it. And in the end, they got the only man they wanted and pursued. The Twitter reaction to Sharp's declaration to the Chronicle about adding five years on the deal if he could was swift and barbed.
And on Monday, Fisher was saying "Howdy" to his new fan base and receiving a pair of Aggies-themed cowboy boots before diving into recruiting before the inaugural early signing period begins Dec. 20.
Many outsiders strongly doubted such a thing could occur in Aggieland, yet Athletic Director Scott Woodward was adamant that he and his staff could hire a coach who might be able to bring home a championship of any sort for the first time since 1998. Fisher left Florida State University after eight seasons. "But with the people I'm working with, with the place I'm going and (Woodward) explaining the things to me, as I researched, I thought it was an opportunity I just couldn't pass up, and a challenge that I thought that was out there that I just couldn't pass up".
Following a meeting that lasted less than 30 minutes, Charles Schwartz, chairman of the Board of Regents, said the guaranteed 10-year, $75 million contract signaled what he expects will be a "momentous step for our university". "We have to get there". He was interested in what his old friend had to say.
Fisher will not coach in the Aggies' Belk Bowl game against Wake Forest in Charlotte, N.C., on Dec. 29. A&M was not in the business of consulting a pool of candidates. Hill was suspended in November for an unspecified violation of team rules and didn't play in the final three games. But it is clear the Aggies are committed to one thing - winning. The two worked together 17 years ago at LSU and maintained a close relationship.
Frost announced Monday that UCF staffers joining him will be offensive line coach Greg Austin, defensive coordinator Erik Chinander, defensive line coach Mike Dawson, outside linebackers-special teams coach Jovan Dewitt, defensive backs coach Travis Fisher, running backs coach Ryan Held and quarterbacks coach Mario Verduzco.
- La CNDH ve riesgo potencial en aplicación de Ley de Seguridad Interior
- Mueren tres presuntos delincuentes durante enfrentamiento en Jalisco
- Real Madrid could deepen Athletic Bilbao's crisis in La Liga
- Unos 4.500 manifestantes se instalaron con carpas en la 9 de Julio
- Fuerzas Armadas descalifican propuesta de amnistía al narco
- ¡BOMBA! Messi y Ronaldo se unen para un sorpresivo proyecto
- In a Win for Trump, Supreme Court Upholds 'Extreme Vetting' Travel Ban
- De Vido y Cameron, indagados por gasoductos adjudicados a Odebrecht
- Venezuela firma acuerdos de intención con empresas participantes en Fic-Tec
- San Martín derrotó a Banfield en San Juan