Asked by German media about 21-year old international striker Timo Werner, linked to several European top clubs, Ralf Rangnick, RB Leipzig director of sports, stated: "We don't want to sign him over, neither in January, nor next summer".
Werner has been one of the stars of Leipzig's rapid rise to Bundesliga prominence, scoring 28 goals in 42 league appearances since joining from Stuttgart in June last year.
For now, though, he is prepared to ignore the rumours, telling Welt am Sonntag: "I'm a national team player at the age of 21 and I've done well so far in the national team, and things are going well in the league, so of course you'll see that other clubs keep an eye out for you, but that does not concern me at the moment". "We are in intensive talks with his advisor".
Werner has seen the heights of fame following his remarkable performances for Leipzig.
However, what could be scuppering a possible deal is that Werner has trouble with his ears.
Werner has worn earplugs for some matches since the incident and, according to Marca, Real are concerned that the issue may mean a move would not work out... The Bavarians are having a hard time in absence of an alternative to Robert Lewandowski.
There is a lot of talent in this individual and a potential that can take him sky-high!
- Osorio no teme a los rivales en el Mundial
- Boca va por la recuperación ante Arsenal
- Naufragio de un barco pesquero deja 13 fallecidos en Corea del Sur
- Caen exportaciones de autos, maíz y químicos a Brasil
- Sismo de 6 grados se reporta en Bahía de Caraquez
- Daisy Ridley Learns to Fight in New STAR WARS Featurette
- Cesc Fabregas Starts - Chelsea Team vs Newcastle United Confirmed
- Entregan cartillas liberadas a 112 marineros del Servicio Militar
- Se retiró del Pacto Mundial de la ONU sobre migración y refugiados
- Ex dirigentes nacionales del PRI arropan a Meade