"Rafa Out!", "We're Just Not That Int-er-im" and "In Rafa We Will Never Trust" were just some of the banners with which Chelsea fans greeted Rafa Benitez when he was controversially appointed as interim manager at Stamford Bridge in November 2012.
That was until the 56th minute when the Belgian danced through the centre of the Newcastle defence only to stumble just he approached Karl Darlow in the Newcastle goal. Mourinho is a far more important name in the club's history, but does that make him infallible?
Alvaro Morata also netted his ninth goal in 14 Premier League appearances but it was Hazard who was voted man of the match, and afterwards Conte was asked how he would advise England manager Gareth Southgate to go about stopping Chelsea's star man in Russia next summer.
"After this interview the majority of the fans became more relaxed and supported the team", he reflected this week.
The Blues were starting to turn the screw as Andreas Christensen headed against a post moments before Hazard drew the champions deservedly level with a smart finish.
Against Chelsea, Matt Ritchie provided reason to pay close attention to the flurry of overlooked pre-game imagery, as a graphic of sausage rolls emerged on his shin-pads as picture of his kit surfaced.
Chelsea's chief chance creator took a slight tumble in the first half, courtesy of referee Kevin Friend.
If anyone was going to add to the scoreboard, however, it was going to be Hazard.
Victory leaves Chelsea in third, with Newcastle continuing their descent down the Premier League table after losing five of their last six games.
The Spain international believes the tactical tweak from Conte has allowed him to link up better with Hazard further forward.
And Sky Sports pundit Souness was left in no doubt the "unplayable" Hazard could follow in the footsteps of modern football's marquee players.
"We won the Europa League".
CIARAN CLARK claims the character and spirit developed during last season's Championship title triumph will be the key to ensuring Newcastle United remain in the top-flight this term.
- Al-Quds como capital de Israel desataría violencia — Liga Árabe
- Denuncian nueva incursión de militares venezolanos en Colombia
- Boca va por la recuperación ante Arsenal
- Entregan cartillas liberadas a 112 marineros del Servicio Militar
- ¿Sin grupo de la 'muerte' en el Mundial 2018?
- Jesús Rodríguez y Suárez Lastra rompieron el acuerdo de unidad — UCR Capital
- A México no le conviene militarizarse: Mancera
- Osorio no teme a los rivales en el Mundial
- Caen exportaciones de autos, maíz y químicos a Brasil
- Presidente sale de país y prepara un estado de excepción — Nasralla