In their last game at Houston on New Year's Eve, Porzingis sat with a sore Achilles, Carmelo Anthony was limited with a knee injury and the Rockets still needed a historic performance from James Harden (53 points, 17 assists, 16 rebounds) to squeak out a victory.
Back issues have always been tricky to deal with, especially for big men in the NBA.
After the game, Porzingis seemed to suggest to Marc Berman of The New York Post that the problem with his back was not a serious one.
"That's definitely like an effort game".
"I didn't feel it much during the [Atlanta] game [Friday]", Porzingis stated.
Kristaps Porzingis said his back stiffened after Friday's loss in Atlanta, before it gradually worsened following a flight and a night in a hotel bed..
Having to deal with back spasms and being forced to miss his team's last two games, the Turkish international admitted, via Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News, that he is struggling to walk without any pain, and that he "cried like a little baby" because of it in their locker room. "It just got tighter". If they think it's not going to affect me in the long run, it doesn't matter, I'll play.
It was the first time since the 2012-13 season that Kanter has missed at least 10 games in a season.
If that's the case, other dates to monitor his status for in the next two months include Dec. 4 in Indiana, Dec. 22 in Detroit, Dec. 28 in San Antonio, Jan. 3 in Washington, Jan. 15 in Brooklyn (though that's barely a road game), Jan. 26 in Phoenix, and Jan. 31 in Boston.
- Sports world reacts to Toronto Argonauts' Grey Cup win
- Border Patrol agent killed in 'ambush' laid to rest in El Paso
- Liverpool's Mohamed Salah Scores Against His Former Side Chelsea
- Gennaro Gattuso, nuevo DT del AC Milan
- Phil Collins regresa a Chile en marzo de 2018
- Junín: detienen a sujeto que mató a su expareja
- Alianza Lima va a paso de campeón, tras ganarle a Deportivo Municipal
- ARA San Juan: Concentran la búsqueda en un radio de sólo 74km
- Yalik Peña joven que pidió por Venezuela murió este domingo
- ¿Podría la estrella del Bayern Munich, Robert Lewandowski, jugar en Los Ángeles?