The region was initially struck by two tremors with magnitudes of 7.2 and 7.3, followed by numerous aftershocks, which were also felt in Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates and Israel.
A strong earthquake hit the Iran-Iraq border region late on Sunday. Iranian people have mobilized in response to the natural disaster to donate blood and prepare aid packages.
President Hassan Rouhani has arrived in Kermanshah province in western Iran to assess the amount of damage that the devastating earthquake has left on the people and their houses, according to Mehr News agency.
Earlier media reports mentioned 445 victims of the earthquake.
The Iranian Army, the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), the voluntary Basij forces, the Red Crescent and the Islamic Revolution Housing Foundation as well as the ministries of energy, interior affairs, health, and roads and urban development are all providing assistance to the people in need, Rouhani said.
- Bar de Tijuana tiene una bebida para detener el acoso sexual
- Detienen a profesor por abusar de al menos seis niños en Coyoacán
- Mourinho plotting January swoop for Valencia's Carlos Soler
- MINSA inicia Jornada Nacional de Vacunación contra la Influenza
- El IMSS indujo parto de manera innecesaria: CNDH
- Antoine Griezmann, Barcelona reportedly agree on big-money deal
- Fujimorismo muestra su desesperación con indagación preliminar en ética — Huilca y Glave
- El político acusado de acoso sexual por cinco mujeres — Roy Moore
- Liberan en EUA a pederasta detenido en la Cuauhtémoc
- Famosos celebran iniciativa del matrimonio igualitario en Australia