Even when it was back up and running, there appeared to be glitches.
President Donald Trump did a digital vanishing act Thursday evening.
Trump has not commented on the 11 minutes his account was gone, instead weighing in on former interim Democratic National Committee chairwoman Donna Brazile's claim that Hillary Clinton rigged the Democratic presidential primary race against Sen.
If true, this means that a Twitter employee at last provided us all with some quality customer support.
Apparently Twitter gives some of its employees a little too much power. "We are conducting a full internal review", the company wrote.
The identity of the staffer has not yet been revealed.
The 11-minute silencing caused some to hope the account had been deactivated by Twitter for violating the site's terms and conditions, as has been done in the past with others. Later the company said it was a rogue Twitter employee (whom many see as a hero), who scrapped the president's account.
At first Twitter said that it was just "human error" that led to Trump briefly being dumped from his favorite platform.
"Tech administrators have extraordinary power", said Bruce Schneier, a technology security expert, fellow and lecturer at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
Although the account was not deactivated for any goal, it's just a human mistake.
My Twitter account was taken down for 11 minutes by a rogue employee.
In June, Trump tweeted remarks aimed at MSNBC's "Morning Joe" hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski: "I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore)".
"That's what the NSA did after Edward Snowden copied everything, so no person is ever alone with the information".
Twitter suspends accounts if they are abusive, they have been hacked, or they are fake. As He is the President of world's most powerful country that is America and his account deactivation is somehow controversial scene.
- "No tengo galpones donde se acapare comida" — Francisco Ameliach
- El lujoso regalo que Jennifer Lopez le dio a Britney Spears
- Venezuela reitera en Unesco compromiso con Agenda de Desarrollo 2030
- Las propuestas de la Procuraduría para solucionar las inhabilidades de las FARC
- Is the Dispute Between Apple and Samsung Over?
- Acá las tres novedades en la convocatoria — Selección Colombia
- Xiaomi Launches the Redmi Y1 & Y1 Lite: Affordable Selfie-centric Smartphones
- Robots may completely replace humans in future, warns Stephen Hawking
- Niña indocumentada con parálisis cerebral no puede recibir atención médica
- Pide Trump cancelar lotería de visas