Three years back, Samsung brought the Active lineup to tablets and launched the Samsung Galaxy Tab Active in September 2014. As we mentioned, the Galaxy Tab Active 2 also supports an S-Pen stylus that allows for a precise and natural handwriting or drawing experience.
The tablet features an 8-inch 1280x800p screen with a high-sensitivity mode for use with gloves. Aside from exact pricing and availability, there's not much we don't know about the Tab Active 2. The new Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2 has a rugged body with military-standard MIL-STD-810 certification, which means that it can survive extreme pressures, temperatures, climates, shocks and traps. There's no official word from Samsung regarding the tablet's launch in markets outside of the Netherlands. According to androidu, the S Pen has a slot integrated on the top of the bumper case. The tablet also has an IP68 rating for water and dust resistance. "Specs include an 8.0" 1280x800 TFT display, an octa-core Exynos 7880 clocked at 1.6GHz, 3GB of RAM, 16GB of storage with microSD expansion, a rear-facing 8MP camera (with autofocus!), a 5MP front-facing camera, and a removable 4450mAh battery (a rarity these days). It features a physical home button, which doubles up as a fingerprint scanner. This comes after Samsung mentioned that they may be working on a new software update to add the feature on the S8.
It will be available in both the Wi-Fi and 4G + Wi-Fi variants, and will only be sold in Black.
We have designed the Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2 with feedback from our users and partners in mind.
- Manchester City v Napoli
- Bulls' Nikola Mirotic hospitalized after practice altercation with teammate Bobby Portis
- Giran orden de aprehensión en contra del skater Mario Saenz, por feminicidio
- Pumas termina con la racha del León
- "De Vido deberá dar las explicaciones a la Justicia" — CFK
- Evacuation orders lifted for two Santa Rosa Neighborhoods
- Netflix quiere lanzar 80 películas originales en el 2018
- Wildfire warnings issued for Southern California through Saturday amid hot, windy conditions
- Fuerzas iraquíes toman campos petrolíferos de manos de los kurdos
- Bachelet responde Bernardo Larraín: "Podemos enviar proyectos hasta que terminemos el gobierno"