In all competitions since, the Reds are 1-4-2. He left Anfield with a point and praise for his players, speaking of how United controlled things "not just tactically but the emotion of the game".
"If you had told me in 1990, when I stepped away from the manager's job, that Liverpool would still be waiting to win another title 27 years later, and Manchester United would win it 13 times in that period, I think you'd have been locked up", he told the Daily Mirror.
"It's a big game on Saturday, everyone in the world will watch the game", Salah said.
Liverpool are five points behind the joint league leaders, having won only three of their games, and they have claimed victory in just one of their last four league fixtures. United are different. "This is the way we have to play big matches", Ander Herrera said last October.
Brazilian duo Roberto Firmino and Philippe Coutinho return to Liverpool training ahead of Saturday's Premier League clash with high-flying Manchester United. Liverpool failed to create a clear chance.
And Klopp will be looking to turn around a poor record in both early kickoffs and in games directly after the international break since his arrival on Merseyside in 2015. Two shots on target with 65 per cent of possession. The remaining three matches between Klopp and Mourinho have ended up with a drawn result.
David De Gea, Antonio Valencia, Chris Smalling, Eric Bailly, Daley Blind, Ander Herrera, Ashley Young and Marcus Rashford will all hope to feature when the boss names his team for what is always a frenzied occasion.
Koeman's side travel to Brighton & Hove Albion on Sunday hoping to avoid only a second loss in 20 against newly-promoted teams in the Premier League. For while Klopp is a coach with a fine record against the best teams, in part that is because Pep Guardiola and Arsene Wenger want to dominate the ball.
- "Hay un 20% de posibilidades de que Maldonado esté en Chile" — Lilita
- Conor McGregor celebrates Ireland's crucial World Cup qualification win over Wales
- Apple is working on folding iPhone 'which could transform into an iPad'
- US bombers fly over Korean Peninsula in 1st night joint training drills
- Avioneta cortó cables y se estrelló en Tacural
- Avión militar se estrella en España tras desfile patrio
- Hamas y Fatah alcanzan acuerdo de reconciliación en El Cairo
- Manuel Sosa fue privado de libertad e imputado por asociación para delinquir
- Vidal inaugura el Coloquio de IDEA
- Estados Unidos se retira de la Unesco por "parcialidad anti Israel"