McGregor's striking coach, Owen Roddy, agrees that interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson and the only fighter to give McGregor a loss inside the octagon, Nate Diaz, are both intriguing options.
The Irish Sun understands that the UFC's reigning lightweight champion is in talks over a match against one of WWE's biggest names, with the likelihood of such a cameo being delayed until next year raising the possibility that he could follow in the footsteps of fellow MMA favourite Ronda Rousey and boxing greats Muhammad Ali, Floyd Mayweather Jr and Mike Tyson by featuring at Wrestlemania.
"I honestly think that people would rather, like, I think people would rather see Conor vs. Diaz". But also in every reality, we want the fans to have the fight, and I think the fans deserve it, straight up, because he's the next one in line, and Khabib (Nurmagomedov) is not there.
"The first two fights, the back and forth between the guys and the way the fights went - you know, who wouldn't want to see the third fight?" You know, who wouldn't want to see the third fight?
Ferguson fighting McGregor makes the most sense, but those types of fights aren't always what the UFC put together. "I'd love to go into that WWE and have a real knock".
"He has some things to tie up in the UFC before he can do anything else but this is a big money deal so I can't see him turning it down". That's my opinion. But yeah, it will be an interesting one and it will be an exciting fight as well because Ferguson does come to fight and he's aggressive, he goes in, he looks to finish fights, so it will be exciting. "That really worked. Conor could do it for sure". I don't think Ferguson is as durable as Diaz, so I think we'll be well able to land the shots.
On a head-to-head basis, it would appear that Ferguson's edge over McGregor would be on the mat, where as if the fight were to remain a stand-up trading of blows, the Irishman should be favoured. "So yeah, I think that's what's going to happen". So yeah, I think that's what's going to happen.
On the tougher opponent for McGregor: "For sure [Ferguson is a tougher fight than Diaz]". The lightweight belt must be defended and unified. "I will probably defend my interim belt more times than that dude would ever defend that belt".
"Otherwise he needs to vacate, set it down, walk away, and never fucking come back". We've got a 12-week training camp, we can get this sh*t rolling. "I'm ready to start training next week".
- DT de Chile deja la selección tras eliminación
- La prensa mundial enalteció al "Messias" por llevar a Argentina al Mundial
- India penaliza relaciones sexuales con esposas menores de edad
- Las tensiones entre Estados Unidos y Corea del Norte
- "Luz verde" al CEN priista para buscar alianzas y coaliciones
- La obesidad infantil se multiplicó por 10 en las últimas cuatro décadas
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Released To Insiders In Preview Ring
- Ben Affleck es acusado por tocamientos indebidos a una actriz
- Moreno lanza programa económico para la crisis — Ecuador
- Maduro: Los gobernadores electos tendrán que juramentarse ante la ANC