With ten appearances at football's biggest event, Switzerland could be deemed part of the elite. Absolutely, every one of them, every single one of them.
He was true to his word. It's just what they do. He regularly opens FIFA Ultimate Team packs and even gets stuck in the hardcore Weekend League tournament.
McClean's strike fired Ireland into the playoffs for the World Cup in 2018.
Yet on Monday McClean will be back in his day-to-day role as Irish republican, non-poppy-wearing bogeyman.
Drawing Denmark in the play-off draw would make 61% of our voters extremely happy as they feel it's our best chance of reaching Russia.
David Meyler celebrating Ireland's victory over Wales. Twenty-four hours earlier, the GAA club he once represented with distinction reached their first Cork senior hurling championship final in 14 years.
After all, another outstanding Irish performer in Cardiff, Shane Duffy, made exactly the same journey through Northern Ireland's youth and Under 21 teams before opting for the Republic.
The draw will take place on October 17, 2017.
That cannot be overestimated. It was like the air going out of a balloon and it was clearly visible throughout the stadium. It's great to see them back at the top again.
The last competitive meeting between the sides was at Euro 2012.
"If you ask any manager after a defeat, you want to be as far away from it as you can", Coleman said when reminded of that statement.
So here's to you, David Meyler. In a place where Irishness and Britishness are matters of everyday importance, to him the place is very much Derry.
The squad have given their unanimous support to Coleman, and it is also understood that the Football Association of Wales is hoping Coleman extends his near six-year stay at the helm.
You can watch it all above.
And the stats prove it, Ireland are now winning games.
Daryl Murphy too. On Friday night he admitted to being "absolutely knackered" after playing 79 minutes against Moldova.
"We come alive on the big occasions, we always have".
Fans seemed to think that the result completely dismantled Savage's comments.
"We play for each other, there's no individuals on this team".
The Republic of Ireland now go on to the World Cup play-offs ahead of Wales after finishing second in group D behind Serbia who qualify top.
- Por histeria de "vampiros" ONU retira a su personal de Malawi
- Vidal inaugura el Coloquio de IDEA
- Kate Middleton reaparece luciendo embarazo y vestido de 900 euros
- Conor McGregor & WWE "Close" On Deal For WrestleMania Appearance
- US bombers fly over Korean Peninsula in 1st night joint training drills
- Apple is working on folding iPhone 'which could transform into an iPad'
- Con Teo y Chará, Junior clasifica a la final de Copa
- Moreno lanza programa económico para la crisis — Ecuador
- Paper Round: Real Madrid readying monster triple-swap for Harry Kane
- Avión militar se estrella en España tras desfile patrio