At that time, according to Liverpool Echo, Salah said he had a sore throat.
Alex Rogers is desperate for Liverpool to get their revenge over Sevilla for the hurt the Spaniards inflicted over the Reds in the Europa League final.
"I've had it before when you have to jump into people's feet - and you have to be brave".
The Reds refused a host of mega-money bids from LaLiga giants Barcelona and the Brazil star has since remained absent from Jurgen Klopp's team sheet, with back injuries and illness cited.
"It should not be that serious, so we sent him home so he cannot spread the virus, if it is a virus". The German manager of the Merseyside club added: "It was a decision made with the season in mind".
Mohamed Salah created a little bit of Champions League history by scoring in Liverpool's opening group game against Sevilla.
They are so exciting going forward, with Mo Salah, Firmino and Sadio Mane offering pace and purpose, that they will give any opponents' defence a testing time.
Liverpool's midfield also remains unchanged, but there are three changes in the rearguard.
The Spanish giants will be expected to reignite their interest during the January transfer window, though Don Balon have claimed that the player could reject their advances.
To think we were so close to winning silverware for the first time since winning the Carling Cup against Cardiff in 2011 just to fall at the final hurdle makes me want to cry. "He's probably my best friend at the club so I was very happy to have him back".
- Muy pronto podrás borrar lo que mandaste en WhatsApp
- Tiroteo en escuela de Washington deja un muerto
- Duelos Liverpool-Sevilla y Tottenham-Dortmund destacan en nueva jornada — Champions
- Massa respondió la carta abierta de Cristina con un flyer — Insólito
- Donald Trump llamará a Peña Nieto para hablar sobre el sismo
- Perro ataca y asesina a su dueño tras consumir crack por accidente
- Cofundador de WhatsApp abandona la compañía
- Parlamento europeo pide sanciones contra Venezuela
- Liam Neeson a punto de dejar el cine de acción
- Con James Rodríguez el Bayern Munich debutó con victoria en Champions League