Chase Carey, the new Formula One CEO and chairman, has said that the negotiation with Singapore Grand Prix organizers to keep the night-race on 2018 calendar, would take a positive turn.
The ongoing talk about the cancellation of hosting the Formula One race at Singapore arose last year when the former Chairman Bernie Ecclestone said that they were thinking about to stop the race after 2017.
This year's Singapore GP takes place from the 15 to the 17 of September.
"We are actively engaged with our partners (in Singapore), our goal is to reach a new deal", Carey said on Wednesday.
"We're actively engaged in that discussion and it is our goal to reach an agreement that works for the both of us", said the F1's CEO.
Discussions have continued for at least months on the fate of the series in Singapore after the races this weekend, the last under the current five-year contract.
"Singapore is one of the gateways into Asia and its incredible story of growth in the last 50 years captures the world's imagination".
In the last nine editions, only four drivers have won on the tight and twisty circuit - Sebastian Vettel (four times), Fernando Alonso (twice), Lewis Hamilton (twice) and Nico Rosberg (once).
"If you're standing still, you're going backwards".
"We're having positive discussions and it's certainly our goal to iron out a deal that works for both of us", Carey said.
Liberty's plans include potentially forming American, European and Asian sections of the season.
"We haven't done enough to give our stars the platform to engage, and make the casual fan a passionate fan", he said.
On the track, the next generation of engines is on the way, with the F1 supremo describing it as "state of the art but not complicated; simpler, cheaper, louder, and still second to none".
Carey does not rule out alterations to the race format as well, although he added: "I wouldn't exclude anything, but we also need to be careful and respect this sport which has such a rich history".
- Halimah Yacob se convierte en la primera mujer presidenta de Singapur
- MinEducación alertó a Yopal por no garantizar alimentación escolar este año
- Gigantesco incendio consume cuatro galerías en centro de la ciudad — Arequipa
- Irma degradado a categoría 2, pero aún con "vientos peligrosos"
- Incidentes en el partido de Independiente: más de 120 detenidos
- Comisión presidencial se reúne con la oposición en Cancillería Dominicana
- Muere Don Nacho Matus, decano del periodismo deportivo
- La aspirina podría ayudar a reparar las caries, según un estudio
- Diputados dan media sanción a un proyecto que reestablece los feriados puente
- Bajan pena a delito del que se acusa a presidente Morales — Guatemala