His show of faith has been rewarded with three goals in five games, but club legend Zola still believes that Morata has much to work on if he is to truly fill Costa's boots and become another talismanic presence at the focal point of the Blues' attack.
The Blues have now however decided to talk figures with Atletico, and while the full details of the deal have yet to be made available, it's believed that they will eventually close an agreement to transfer the player for a fee of €60m - a club record for Atletico. The English club have finally agreed to negotiate troubled 28-year-old Spanish-Brazilian international.
"Nobody doubts the quality and value of the player but something must have gone wrong in the changing room", Zola, who played up front for Chelsea for seven years, told talkSPORT. The transfer window opens until then and Diego Siemeone's side are currently banned from signing any players until then.
Chelsea return to the Champions League this week but did not include Costa in their squad.
Costa left Los Colchoneros for Chelsea after winning La Liga title in 2014.
That leaves Costa four months to prove himself to Spanish coach Julen Lopetegui ahead of next summer's World Cup finals.
Despite being happy to continually speak to the media, and provoke Chelsea from a distance, the striker has been rather less brave when it comes to facing up to his Chelsea situation. "The experience is not easy but all I want is to help the club with my goals and win big trophies".
- Irma deja por el Caribe muerte y destrucción
- Maduro acepta invitación al diálogo por la paz con la oposición
- Anuncian reinicio de diálogo entre gobierno venezolano y oposición
- ONU pide investigación por crímenes contra la humanidad en Venezuela
- Asaltan residencia del general Rommel López
- Apple reveals new iPhone X
- Samsung Promises Foldable Galaxy Note Next Year
- Hoteles y aeropuertos afectados por fuerte terremoto de 8,2 grados — México
- Real Madrid coach Zidane: We also started slowly last season
- Samsung presentará su primer móvil con pantalla flexible en 2018