He added that Congress' low approval rating shows that the American people hold a similarly pessimistic view of their elected representatives' ability to get legislation passed. They marched around a city block, chanting against the deportation of immigrants, including those brought to the country as children.
It's difficult to understate how reckless it is for a federal politician in Canada to muse about an issue like this when American politicians are still grappling with how to deal with this group of undocumented immigrants.
"They looked at the words of President [Barack] Obama himself who said the executive [branch] should not make an end run around Congress", said Conway. Failure to enforce the laws in the past has put our nation at risk of crime, violence and even terrorism.
"No current beneficiaries will lose their protected status for six months, but no new applications for DACA status will be taken after Tuesday", Sessions announced.
Why has Trump repealed it?
"We've been promised for the past 10 years that Congress and politicians were going to pass comprehensive immigration reform, and that hasn't happened".
"It may be if the Republicans in Congress who are saying they wanted to preserve DACA are being genuine that this is the kick in the pants that they need to enact the legislation". Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, said DACA is an example of Obama's "executive overreach" and Trump's move means it's up to "Congress to sort it out".
Watch Colbert in the video above.
- Lluvia inunda el sur de la CDMX
- Chucky Lozano es nombrado ¡Futbolista del mes! en Holanda
- Ventana de transferencia de enero: Real Madrid y Barcelona
- Asesinan al periodista Juan Carlos Hernandez, el onceavo del año
- La Selección Mexicana de basquetbol ofrece disculpas
- Seis millones de cuentas de Instagram comprometidas por ataque hacker
- Irma se sigue alejando de Puerto Rico
- El Sol lanza su mayor llamarada en más de una década
- Griezmann, el mejor futbolista francés del 2016
- La historia real detrás de Molly’s Game