The Phillis young starting pitchers continued to struggle Wednesday afternoon. Whether Eickhoff is actually injured or struggling mightily, we can probably expect a trip to the disabled list in the next day or two.
Eickhoff was being evaluated by a doctor after the game and wasn't available for comment. A second baseman for most of his career, Phillips was moved to third at the beginning of the month when the Braves called up one of the top prospects in the organization in Ozzie Albies. Of his 2,000 career hits 1,774 came as a member of the Reds, with Phillips tallying 89 hits as a member of the Cleveland Indians and 137 with the Braves.
Phillips is the 286th player all-time to reach the milestone and the second current active member of the Braves to get there. He has hit safely in 22 of his 26 games played in August.
Eickhoff left the game with a trainer in the third inning with an apparent injury.
But he has a 4.71 ERA this season.
Ender Inciarte sparked the Braves offense with five hits and four RBIs. Freddie Freeman gave Atlanta a 3-0 lead in the top of the first inning when he hit an 87 mph fastball 388 feet into the right field upper deck for a three-run home run.
Phillips' single also extended his hitting streak to a season-long 14 games.
- Javier Duarte se niega a suspender huelga de hambre
- Llega tarde al trabajo, la castigan con 100 sentadillas y muere
- Guillermo y Enrique visitan jardín dedicado a su madre Lady Di
- Ahora podemos saber a quién le gustamos en Tinder
- Sorprende comportamiento de las hormigas durante el huracán Harvey
- Yamolenko reemplazará a Dembelé en el Dortmund
- NBA cerrará el año con dos partidos de temporada en México
- Demo de PES 2018, en PS4 y Xbox One
- Reggaetón viene de los simios: Aleks Syntek
- Anaya declaró guerra al PRI "al estilo Trump"