Some areas are expected to see a years worth of rainfall in a single week.
With word that Harvey - a category 4 hurricane when it made landfall - was fast approaching, the two drove from Galveston to Houston to be close to medical help, and to try and steer clear of Harvey's path of destruction.
In the above video, a before-and-after video shows parts of Houston's Highway 59 completely submerged under flood water.
Harvey sent devastating floods pouring into the nation's fourth-largest city Sunday as rising water chased thousands of people to rooftops. Joseph said even when it's tough, playing in the NFL is still a job, and the players have responsibility to do that job.
At General Mitchell International Airport Sunday, travelers could be seen checking their phones or watching TV for the latest updates - worried about how the storm might complicate their travel plans.
A fleet of helicopters, airboats and high-water vehicles confronted flooding so widespread that authorities had trouble pinpointing the worst areas.
"Many outlying streets that are the channels to get to the medical centre are flooded", Mr McKeon said.
The storm's havoc isn't expected to subside.
The refining capacity that has been idled by the storm is estimated to be about 11.2 percent of the U.S. total, according to a Reuters report, while the initial impact appears to be felt in gasoline prices.
- Sector arrocero entra en paro
- Colocan estatua de Juan Gabriel en la Gran Plaza de Juárez
- Misil norcoreano sobrevuela Japón y cae al Pacífico
- Gianluca Vacchi es criticado en redes sociales por esta foto
- El debut de Mayer, interrumpido hasta mañana — US Open
- Insiste Trump en terminar con el TLCAN
- Lanzan explosivo contra periódico de la ciudad de Maracaibo
- Corte Constitucional de Guatemala suspende definitivamente expulsión del jefe de la Cicig
- ¿La entrevista del año?: Susana Giménez y Cristina Kirchner mano a mano
- Andrés Merlos el árbitro de Colón en Copa Argentina