Martes, 21 May 2019
Ultimas noticias
Casa » Terror cell was planning more attacks — Spanish police

Terror cell was planning more attacks — Spanish police

21 Agosto 2017

The next day, a woman was killed in another vehicle attack in the town of Cambrils. "They said hello to me but never looked me in the eye". On Thursday, a van slammed into pedestrians in Barcelona, killing 13 and injuring over 100.

Four of the suspects shot dead in the resort town of Cambrils on Friday were either born or lived in Ripoll, while the fifth man shot dead came from nearby Ribes de Freser.

Both attacks were carried out by a single terrorist cell made up of about 12 people, according to Spanish police. "These violent acts that seek to divide us will only strengthen our resolve".

A massive manhunt is now scouring the city for the fugitive third member of the terror team, believed to be the van's driver.

In that incident, five people in a van started rushing toward crowds, and rushing toward police.

So far, the youngest victim of the attacks is thought to be a three-year-old girl, Spanish media reported.

The narrow and normally noisy streets of Raval were silent on Saturday morning.

"There have been quite a few terror-related arrests in Barcelona - mostly for extremist recruiting, funding and logistics in sending people to Syria". I was here until 3 a.m. with a lot of people here inside.

It was the deadliest attack in Spain since March 2004, when militants placed bombs on commuter trains in Madrid, killing 191 people and wounding more than 1,800. "All of Spain is Barcelona".

Terror cell was planning more attacks — Spanish police

More significantly, his name also appears in a report that was compiled after five men were arrested south of Barcelona, in Vilanova i la Geltrú, on charges of recruiting young men to fight in Iraq.

He added: "Be tough & strong, we love you!"

"We just got the text - Jared's body was identified at the morgue by his wife", Daniel Tucker, 76, told the Daily News Friday afternoon.

Mobile phone footage posted on Twitter captured scenes of horror and mayhem, with bodies of the dead and injured scattered on pavements littered with hats, bags and even an abandoned pram.

"He was attending classes and was going to take his high school exams next year".

Ali Yassiné, president of Ripoll's Annur Islamic community, said he knew little of any of the suspects.

Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale said Friday Canadian authorities always step up vigilance at home when an attack like this happens elsewhere. "We were shutting down the blinds but people kept coming in and we had to keep it open so they could enter the shop". Police suspect that he then fled the city after hijacking a car and stabbing to death its driver, whose body was later found in the vehicle.

The terror cell we also believed to have been planning attacks with explosives across Barcelona. All the suspects on the list hail from Ripoll, a quiet, upscale town of 10,000 about 100km north of Barcelona. The father was unhurt but is in shock, Greek officials said. Barca tweeted a short video of the tribute along with the TotsSomBarcelona hashtag.

Terror cell was planning more attacks — Spanish police