This material could be used over an LCD or LED display with a capacitive touch sensor layered in, reported The Verge. You don't need to go to the market and get your screen repaired or bother yourself to buy a new smartphone. "One or more processors can be operable with one or more thermal elements to detect deformation along at least a portion of the fascia and cause one or more thermal elements to selectively apply heat to the shape memory polymer along at least a portion of the fascia to reverse some of the deformation".
The device would make use of 'shape memory polymer' which is a smart-plastic being developed at the University of Rochester.
Motorola released a patent showing off a screen that would be able to repair minor-cracks and limit the effects of bigger ones. However, the company has said that the self-healing technology is not 100 percent sufficient- meaning if the screen shatters or breaks, the technology might not heal the phone screen and you might consider buying a new smartphone.
"An electronic device includes a fascia manufactured from a shape memory polymer". Moreover, a polymer screen probably won't feel as like a rich alternative to glass, and the technology never completely restores the screen's strength.
This attribute allows these materials to do work as they return to the permanent state, such as lifting a weight or compressing something, or in Motorola's case, repair a screen. The screen can be exposed to a hair dryer's heat, the phone's own heat or even human body's heat. Since this is just a patent, there's no surety that Motorola would actually incorporate this into its phones. The company introduced a smartphone named G Flex 2 back in 2015, which according to company's claim could repair cuts in less than a day.
Regardless of how long it takes to create and integrate this technology, it could be a game changer for the mobile industry, especially Motorola.
- La historia real detrás de Molly’s Game
- FIFA rompe lazos con Guatemala
- Justice League será la última película de Ben Affleck como Batman
- LeBron critica a Trump tras los incidentes en Charlottesville
- Ventana de transferencia de enero: Real Madrid y Barcelona
- Visitó a su esposa en la cárcel para darle fuerte golpiza
- Griezmann, el mejor futbolista francés del 2016
- Obama visitará Córdoba para participar de la Cumbre Economía Verde 2017
- Aurelio Nuño afirma que entregan en tiempo recursos a Universidad de Morelos
- Los Lakers buscan más estrellas