The person who died when a car smashed into the crowd, there were also the pilot and a passenger in a state police helicopter that crashed outside the city, Xinhua quoted Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe as saying. Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail Superintendent Martin Kumer told The Post that a man with the same name and age was booked Saturday on suspicion of second-degree murder, malicious wounding, failure to stop for an accident involving a death, and hit and run.
The white nationalists were protesting the city of Charlottesville's decision to remove a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee. Groups of white supremacists and counter-protesters clashed throughout the morning and into the afternoon.
President Trump tweeted Saturday night his "deepest condolences" to the family and fellow police officers after the crash.
National Transportation Safety Board spokesman Peter Knudson said the cause of the crash had not been determined.
A scuffle during clashes between white nationalists and counterprotesters on the streets of Charlottesville, Va., Aug. 12, 2017.
It was not immediately clear how the crash was connected to the rally.
In addition to those injured in the car incident, police said 15 others were wounded in other violence related to the white supremacist rally.
Another vigil in response to the Virginia violence was organized by the Bucks County, Pennsylvania group Rise Up Doylestown. I thought it had something to do with Trump. Santa Ana demonstrator Spencer Kelly said he has an adopted brother who is black and has felt uncomfortable since Trump won the election.
A state of emergency has been declared in Virginia.
- Macron aborda con Trump la tensión con Corea del Norte
- Schiaretti planteó eliminar las PASO: "No tienen sentido"
- Champions Chelsea reduced to nine and beaten 3-2 by Burnley — Watch
- La injusta expulsión de Kaká por culpa del VAR
- Irán aumenta gastos militares ante retórica de EEUU
- El atleta colombiano Eider Arévalo se consagró campeón mundial de marcha
- "Es un día de fiesta para la democracia" — Rodríguez Larreta
- Prohíben el "coco loco" en San Andrés
- Argentina en etapa de reflexión para primarias
- Dramático relato del periodista Luis Otero sobre lo que atravesó su hijo